Bob Kos

Default AA battary capacity, Ah (?)

Right on the money. Heat kills batteries. Cheap chargers overheat the
batteries. The Maha chargers work nice for reasonable cost. I have NiMH
batteries that still work well after 5 years thanks to the TLC they get in
my cheapie Maha charger. Thomas Distributing is the place to get 'em.

Speaking of heat, you should use caution in using lithium AA throwaway
batteries. They apparently get quite hot during heavy discharge cycles. So
much so that my Olympus D-600L's warranty would be voided if those batteries
were used in it.

Ted Edwards wrote in message ...

Please don't do that! Those cheap chargers are either constant current
or timer terminated. Pay somewhat more and you can charge your
batteries whenever you feel like it without worrying about state of
charge. Ray-o-vac has a good charger but, personally, I like the Maha
line. My 204 isn't as versatile as some of the newer ones but it works
well. I paid Cdn$30 for it a couple years ago.
For example, see
http://www.thomas-distributing.com/batteries.htm

Ted