Treefrog

Default 3.5 horse Brigs repair help!

Wayne,

Noted your post B&S engines and I'm in a similar situation. Bought an
edger at a garage sale, had corrosion in the fuel tank from sitting too
long without being used. I cleaned out the carb, replaced the fuel pick up
and diaphram but it still won't run and I can't find any more jets to
clean!

Noted your comments about the fuel tank (I have the small tank - 1 qt)
having the duel level and bowl inside the tank. The bowl is there but
corroded. I can't see any fuel pickup that would fit in there so I wasn't
sure of how it worked. Am I missing something? I'm guessing I need a new
fuel tank.

I'll strip out the carb again and maybe take photo's - there's a steel pin
(?) about 1" long that I don't understand, it's not listed in the part
list. And what's a "welch plug" p/n 223472 - are the main jet's in there?

Thanks for any assistance.

M - Houston, TX

My dad bought a sprayer with a 3.5 horse engine at an auction. I have
been trying to get it to start. I can make it run for a few seconds by
spraying starting fluid down the throat of the carborator. I took the
carb off, it has a plastic tube with a filter on it going into the
tank. I cleaned this tube and sprayed cleaner through the carborator.
It did not help it to start. I have put a new spark plug on it also.
Is there an adjustment on the carborator I can make?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!