Ned Simmons

Default Dry carbide blade in small table saw?

In article ,
says...
Saws intended for wood cutting usually have way too high a cutting speed for
doing metal work reliably. For occasional use with the caveat of it is
dangerous, you can do cutting of aluminum with carbide tools on woodworking
machines.

Industrial non-ferrous circular saws run at from 6000 to
14,000 SFPM. A 10" blade on a 3600 RPM saw is right in the
middle of that range. Here's an example:

http://www.kaltenbachusa.com/skl450.html

I cut aluminum plate up to 1" all the time on my 3HP uni-
saw with a Freud non-ferrous blade. I do clamp the plate to
a sliding board for security and increased accuracy, but
have never had the slightest problem.

Cutting steel on a table saw sounds scary, so I won't
comment on that. But whoda thunk you'd be able to cut steel
plate with a skil saw either?

Ned Simmons