Eric R Snow

Default AA battary capacity, Ah (?)

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 21:04:18 GMT, Ted Edwards wrote:

Your friend was correct in recommending NiMH rechargeables,
you can get a decent set of 4 and a charger for about
$10 if you look for sales. Never need to pay more than
about $15.

Please don't do that! Those cheap chargers are either constant current
or timer terminated. Pay somewhat more and you can charge your
batteries whenever you feel like it without worrying about state of
charge. Ray-o-vac has a good charger but, personally, I like the Maha
line. My 204 isn't as versatile as some of the newer ones but it works
well. I paid Cdn$30 for it a couple years ago.
For example, see
http://www.thomas-distributing.com/batteries.htm

Ted

Greetings Ted and Icoe,
What Ted Says! When I bought my digital camera I researched it (with
lots of help from RCM) and the gist of the battery life question was
to get the 1800 mah nimh batteries, made by MAHA, from Thomas
Distributing. They lasted longer that alkaline batteries in digital
cameras. And they can be thrown in the charger any time. When the
batteries get about halfway down I exchange 'em. Keeps plenty o charge
in the camera. And battery life is great. much better than the manual
said to expect with alkalines. Thomas Distributing has a battery and
charger deal. I just got four batteries as my camera uses two. Works
great.
Cheers,
Eric R Snow