Chuck Jurgens

Default Polyurethane / stain mix

I have an oak coffee table and end tables that I need to "fix". There are
water rings on the top that have lifted the finish off the wood and exposed
the bare wood. The finish on the rest of the table(s) is fine.

I am thinking about sanding the tops, staining and then finishing with
polyurethane. There are NOT pieces of fine furniture so I wanted to use a
polyurethane/stain mix, however, I couldn't find one in the correct shade.
I DID find the correct STAIN.

Question: Can I mix the stain with the polyurethane to create a combination
finish? If so, what would be the proper mixing ratio?

Thanks.

Chuck