asalcedo asalcedo is offline
Senior Member

Default Fixing toilet pan to tiled floor

Is there a standard way of fixing a toilet pan to a marble tiled floor? The old pan, that I am replacing, left, at the back, two grey blobs of epoxy type resin, very hard, that is solidly fixed to the marble tiles on the floor (perhaps with something screwed into the floor, I don’t know). The resin protrudes and fits into the two back holes at the base of the pan. I could use these two fixed points with some more epoxy type glue.

At the front the unit had two big blobs of silicone that came unstuck from the tiles, nothing fixed to the floor. I could copy the same.

However, since I need to redo plumbing and the fixing of the cistern at the back (because of different toilet dimensions), I am thinking of bringing the toilet closer to the wall and that requires four new fixings to the floor.

Thanks,

Antonio