Michael Rainey

Default New Free Volume and Weight Calculator

(DoN. Nichols) wrote in message ...
In article ,
Michael Rainey wrote:
Jerry Wass wrote in message ...
Yeah, Mike, Works great ('cept for working backwards---I had an 8" S.S.
Sphere, put in O.D & Wt.--I.D wouldn't come up.--so I guessed I.D, *
approached till it = the wt.)---still a lot faster than working the
entire formula.--Thanks-Jerry

[ ... ]

I'm not following you. A sphere has no I.D. A hollow sphere has an
I.D.. The only variable for a sphere is the outside diameter. A
hollow sphere has an outside diameter, plus an inside diameter which,
obviously, must be smaller than the outside diameter. That's the way
the program works.

Am I missing something in your comment?

I think that what he wanted to do is enter the OD and the
desired weight, and have it come up with an ID for his hollow sphere to
get the right weight.

Enjoy,
DoN.

If that's the case, would it be a capability that a lot of folks would benefit from?

Mike