William Danielson

Default recmd to mark steel part with changing lot code?

Gunner wrote in message . ..
On 30 Jun 2003 07:21:33 -0700, (William
Danielson) wrote:

I'd like some suggestions on the best way to mark a lot code on
stamped steel part. Its a drawn steel wheel half used to make a golf
cart wheel. We need to put a code on the bare steel part indicating
date of manf and the steel coil number it was made from. We will
probably need to change the code a few times a shift since we change
coils that often.

I was leaning toward a Telesis pin marking engraving device in a
separate marking station with some kind of automated load/unload pick
and place mechanism. A colleague suggests adding marking punches to
the forming die. Can anyone suggest a tooling supplier of such a
device that is quickly changeable, since we will have to change the
coil number code about 3 times per shift.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Doug Danielson

recmd to mark steel part with changing lot code?

http://www.richardsonbus.com/product...nchor-Do-34020

http://www.infordata.it/italiano/PMS.htm

http://www.deterco.com/products/Mecco/mecco.htm

http://www.mercurymarking.com/Product_line.htm

For just a few.

Email me for the name of a guy whom is VERY good at automation of
parts pickers

Gunner

"No man shall be debarred the use of arms.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm those only who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants.
They ought to be designated as laws not preventative but fearful of crimes,
produced by the tumultuous impression of a few isolated facts, and not by
thoughtful consideration of the inconveniences and advantages of a universal decree."
- Thomas Jefferson

Gunner,

Thanks for those links, they are very applicable. Here are more
detailed reqs of mine:

My reqs a

Total Cycle time: 7 sec
1018 steel, .070 in thick
matl code: 12345 5 digits long
part # 12345678 8 digits long
must print both on each part
matl code will change 4 times per shift, at each coil change want to
stamp bare steel, but have it readable after powder painting

Do you think I am better off with a separate marking station with an
auto load/unload system, or should we try to fit low tech number
wheels into the die like one of the vendors you showed me sells?

Thaks again for the good advice,

Doug Danielson