James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default Leaking Copper Joint

"Bill Lee" wrote in message
Greetings all;

My brother-in-law just bought a approximately 30-year-old house. Had a
number of plumbing problems I was able to fix. However, a leaking "T"
joint in standard half-inch copper pipe has resisted all my attempts at
repair. I have done the typical intensive sanding, fluxing and
re-soldering several times with no success. This had always worked for me
in the past. All pipes, etc. look in good shape.

Any other suggestions as to how to stop this leak without having to
soldering another "T" and corresponding connectors into its place. Thanks.

Bill

I'm a little confused. In your original message you imply you had the T out
and prepped it and then tried re-soldering (at least that's how I read
"intensive sanding, fluxing, .......". Yet then below you are asking how
to remove the T. If all you did was try to re-solder the T in situ and
didn't get a good clean on the inside of it, it's probably going to leak.
I had a similar problem recently and after a bit of research, I decided to
cut it out and put a new one in. That would be your best bet.
Cheers,
cc