Sacramento Dave

Default Leaking Copper Joint

"Bill Lee" wrote in message
Greetings all;

My brother-in-law just bought a approximately 30-year-old house. Had a
number of plumbing problems I was able to fix. However, a leaking "T"

joint
in standard half-inch copper pipe has resisted all my attempts at repair.

have done the typical intensive sanding, fluxing and re-soldering several
times with no success. This had always worked for me in the past. All

pipes,
etc. look in good shape.

Any other suggestions as to how to stop this leak without having to
soldering another "T" and corresponding connectors into its place. Thanks.

Bill

Once in a while you get a joint that just wont Solider. The best thing to

do is replace the fitting. What I do if it is in a tight spot and to
replace is major pain I will sill- floss it . ( SILVALOY 15 15% silver )
With Map gas you can do up to a 3/4" joint. Basically you get the joints red
hot, no flux, put Rod to it, the solider will burn out. For a novice I
would suggest replace the fitting. If it was leaking there could be
something in the copper. Like I said I have had this happen I don't like
using old fittings. Also if there is the smallest amount of water it will
leak even a drip, Stuff the pipe with bread to stop water.