Bill

Default What color to paint slanted wall?

wrote:
Hi,

I'm painting my room, and I have a slanted wall. What color do I use?
Wall color? Ceiling color?

Here's a cross sectional image of my room, including intended colors.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.webrex.net/room.jpg

Thanks.

My issue with slanted or angled walls that have solid colors is they
can come off very contemporary or modern. To me, it can seem almost
cold. I always do a slight color wash of walls in modern room layouts.
You still get the basic color scheme you want but you also get walls
that while are different shades, they tie in together.

Ex: Try a tone darker of your wall color then rag off or drybrush a
light glaze over it. I would do the same on the angled wall but wash it
with a glaze near the ceiling color. Try to blend more ceiling color as
near the ceiling. You'll be left with a wall that seems to blend right
into the ceiling yet is not really different than the walls.

Google "color wash" for more info.

--
Bill