Pig

Default Should I purchase this used 8" jointer & 15" planer???

I don't know where you are geographically, but here in NJ I'd just pay
the man his asking price of $1500, load them into the truck, and drive
away screaming in delight. IMHO, the DJ-20 is a great tool with
arguably the best design out there, and the Jet planer is also a fine
machine. If the tools are not abused, run clean with some test wood and
as you have already checked, are generally the way they should be, this
is a bargain in my neck of the woods. Sounds like they are in need of
just a little TLC and tuning. They will be the last planer and jointer
you'll buy and some lucky relative will inherit them.

Mutt