BB

Default DIY Sawdust pelletising presses

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
Andy Dingley wrote:

SNIP

I found that pressed sawdust logs are invariably mixed with some sort of
binder. I'm trying to understand if it is even possible to get sawdust
to stay together after a shape has been made from it...pellet, log,
whatever.
If one is going to have mix it with a binder, is a lot of pressure even
needed or can it be done passively in say, a muffin tin-like form?
Can some information be gleaned from the folks that make feed pellets?

I believe that no binder is used in "presto-logs" - many years ago(when I
was in elementary school) I visited the Weyerhaeuser factory where they
made them - at the time they said that no binder was used only about a
teaspoon of oil to lubricate the log so it would be pushed out of the mold -
did use thousands of pounds of pressure to form them however. . .

BB