Default Wall anchors - how much weight

George E. Cawthon wrote:
wrote:
I have a wall cabinet for my bathroom that came with 6 plastic anchors.
But the thing weighs like 40 lbs. Are anchors in sheetrock going to be
able to support it?

Steve

The sheetrock will easily hold it with the correct
anchors. The plastic thingys that are a lousy
choice and will likely just pull out. You need
the metal kind that you install in a hole and
tighten the screw which makes the long center
strips bend tightly against the back side of the
wall board. (Called molly bolts). Most of the
force will be directly down, but some will be out
and will pull the plastic thingys out of the wall.

Throw the 6 plastic thinks away and get four molly
bolts sized for 1/2 sheet rock with a #10 screws.
It will never come loose even when someone does
something stupid.

By "something stupid", you mean like actually put something into the
cabinet?