John Martin

Default Dumoore flex shaft grinder question

Gunner wrote:

On mine, the shaft just pulls out. Why not just buy a new one?

Is Dumore still in business? And do they support ancient Stuff?

Gunner

Still in business, and they still sell flexible shaft grinders. With a
1/4" inner cable, yours is probably a heavy duty model.

If you can't find a shaft, I'd try a new end with a setscrew rather
than welding one on. Providing there is room inside the cable housing
for it. At least that's what I did with an old Fairchild flexible
shaft grinder I have.

Or, you may be able to shorten the sheath and grind a new square end.

John Martin