Brian Reay

Default Vent requirements for gas fire.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Brian Reay wrote:
2) if yes, how big. The figure of 100cm3 was mentioned but our local
hardware stores don't carry stock and the minimum order requriements
mean I'd look online.

Last time I checked (about 7 years) it was 16 sq in, which is about
100cm^2.

The area is the "free flow area" (ie area of holes) not the overall vent
dimension.

OK, any clues on suppliers - i've only had a quick search but it didnt
deliver me anything useful

Sorry, no. Last time I looked into this was just to check a fire already
installed was OK- not actually installing one myself.

Really, I do advise you look into this very carefully. Check what the fire
needs, then make sure that the room is so supplied.

Did the person who fitted the fire not check all this?

I noticed someone commented about draughts such vents can cause. Yes, they
can cause draughts but they also stop you being killed, so don't skimp!.
You can always position the vents so that the draught isn't drawn across the
area you sit!

--
73
Brian, G8OSN