fybar

Default Missing coax connector on TV

(Jason D.) wrote in
:

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:29:53 -0500, fybar
wrote:

We moved a few months ago and just got out our spare TV to set up in
the basement. I went to connect to the cable up and the coax
connector is missing. The plastic is broken around the area. I see
two coiled wires, one copper and one red and the edge of a board. It
is a Citizen model:JCTV3413B. Can I get a new coax connector and
connect it? I would like to try doing this myself if at all possible.

Any advice apprecitated.

fybar

Fybar, sorry to say this, the thin yellow and red copper wires was
specially wound open core coils and little piece of board ripped out
of that tuner. Best to take unit to shop and have them replace this
tuner, is still available from Citizen. Find shop that is authorized
to repair these.

Cheers, Wizard

Thanks for the reply Wiz! Those coils are still intact, though I doubt
that this will have much of an impact on the prognosis. I will have to
price it out as a new TV might be more cost effective.

Thanks again,

fyb