SteveB

Default Safe distance to watch arc welding

After watching a mob of people flog a dead equine, let me toss this in:

I have welded since 1974.

I DO NOT

REPEAT

DO NOT

watch arc welding FROM ANY DISTANCE unless I have a hood on.

I have seen it at night from 1/2 mile away, and it sure is pretty, but
there's always that tinge that comes from being flashed or flash burned.

This stuff is dangerous, and there is very very little margin for error.

Intellectual masturbation aside on the inverse square therories versus
statistical correlaries, if you are watching arc welding, it is always a
good idea to have a hood on.

Do as you like.

Steve