Chris Lewis

Default Tecumseh governor

According to :
you probably hooked up the linkage wrong . you could get a manual,or
look at another engine to figure it out. i have been taking a video of
engines before i take them apart....very helpfull on the dt466 i rebuilt
this week. lucas

The Tecumseh manuals are available on the net (for about $7 IIRC).

I had a similar problem with a 6HP Craftsman chipper (Tecumseh motor).
Turned out that at some point (perhaps before I retrieved it from my
dad), one of the adjustment screws had been screwed in so far that
the governor couldn't reduce the speed. I thought the governor was
broken, and went thru readjusting it (according to the manual), before
I noticed the adjustment screw was preventing the governor slowing
the engine down. Doh!
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est