Jay Pique

Default VFD versus Phase Converter versus 3-phase power

Assume that I have in front of the above referenced options. I can
pick only one - a VFD, a (rotary) Phase Converter or straight 3-phase
power for the 3-phase 16" Rockwell RAS I picked up for $300. In the
long run, which will cost less to own and operate over time? Assume
the 5hp VFD is $250 and the 5hp converter is $400. Am I likely to
spend a lot more money on power if I have to spring for 3-phase direct?
Manintenance issues with the VFD and converter relative to 3-phase
power - and to each other?

Thanks, and I'm googling too.

JP
Phased.