Brian Sharrock

Default Dual flush Cistern

"Eadwald" wrote in message
Hi

We have an Ideal Standard dual flush loo which has recently started to
leak (overflow?). It is not clear how to remove the cistern lid as the
dual flush button mechanism seems to be firmly attached to the flushing
device. Can anyone advise how to release the lid?

Thanks

Peter; I'm unfamiliar with your 'Ideal Standard' dual-flush cistern:
however my cistern has a Ying-yang stylised two-segment 'button'
on the top [One 'half' give big flush while the other 'half' summons
a 'little' flush when either half is pressed down]. The "button-assembly'
sits in a circle. To dismantle one presses down the little button, when
a finger-nail depression may be seen in the exposed side of the bigger
button -this may then be extracted from the 'circle'.
[On mine; I depress the little button with the knuckles of my right
hand and use my index finger's nail to feel the depression which is then
yanked upwards, and ever so slightly inwards, - there's a distinct 'click'
as it come out from its retaining mechansim - YMMV]

Once the two 'half' buttons are out of the circle; it's fairly easy to see
how
the lid is held down onto the flushing mechanism [think big slotted screw]
- which does have a height adjusting mecnanism somewhat independent
of the water level adjustment.
Perhaps you can inspect your particular set-up with the above in mind.

Oh ... ! mantling is the reverse of dismantling ....

HTH

--

Brian