Default £1,300 to replace four 80p light bulbs!...

Chris Bacon wrote:
meow2222 wrote:
:::Jerry:::: wrote:

A church is having to pay £1,300 to replace four 80p light bulbs
because of new health and safety laws. The EU's "working at height"
directive meant a full risk assessment had to be carried out and a
scaffolding tower brought in to reach the bulbs.

A good example of just how badly designed a lighting installation can
be.

And a great illustration of how dim the reverend is.

In what way?

several.

Firstly for putting 80p bulbs in there instead of long life ones.

2ndly for failing to confirm the price before the work began, and
merely assuming it would be the same as last time, and giving them
carte blanche.

3rdly paying the bill without saying woooah, I dont think so, we'll be
getting expert opinion on that one first. And if by some means you do
end up getting this from us, we wont be using you again.

4thly for continuing to use lights 40ft up that cost arms and legs to
replace bulbs in, instead of spsnding the money on either putting a few
lower level lights in, or fitting lights on ropes that can be hauled
down.

5thly for not finding out what HSE says first and saying, nope, you
didnt need to use the scaffolding and we're not paying for it.

etc etc.

NT