James R. Lunsford

Default Thermocouple for Tappan Stove?

We've got an old Tappan, Wilcolator stove that we purchased from our
landlord for $25, good deal as we didn't have one when we moved to our new
place.

The top of the stove works fine, although even though the pilot lights are
lit, we still have to use a lighter to light the burners, but it cooks well,
does the job.

Problem is, the oven won't light. Pilot light comes on, landlord told us
that we need to let the thermocouple warm up, but even after holding the
"red button" in for 5 minutes as soon as you let it go, the pilot light goes
out.

I'm pretty sure that I'll need to replace the thermocouple, but I can't find
one on the 'net anywhere. The model number is cs2888 lot 8, but I can't
find that model listed on any of the Tappan parts websites that I've found,
and a search of Google turned up nothing. The stove is an older model, I'd
guesstimate late 60's or so.

Any advice would be appreciated. *DOES* it sound like it's the
thermocouple? *IS* there a way to find this part somewhere? HELP!

TIA