Grant

Default Annealing Oven for Acrylic / PMMA / Perspex / Plexiglas - Searching for Parts

I'm looking to build an annealing oven for Acrylic / Perspex /
Plexiglas / PMMA. Nothing fancy just functional, I'm intending to use
MDF to create a box structure to which I will add a hinged door and
some heating elements. The annealing process is only to about 80C/175F
so I'm happy that the wood will do the job.

I initially considered buying an old oven and ripping out the
elements/thermostat, however for safety reasons I'm not too keen to do
this (The parts are sure to be over powerful), hence I'm trying to
find a supplier for the heating elements/thermostat and controller. I
would happily receive any information anyone could give... even where
to search.

I am based in Europe; a supplier in the UK or France would be most
suitable.

Many Thanks
Grant
Badger

Grant wrote:
I'm looking to build an annealing oven for Acrylic / Perspex /
Plexiglas / PMMA. Nothing fancy just functional, I'm intending to use
MDF to create a box structure to which I will add a hinged door and
some heating elements. The annealing process is only to about 80C/175F
so I'm happy that the wood will do the job.

I initially considered buying an old oven and ripping out the
elements/thermostat, however for safety reasons I'm not too keen to do
this (The parts are sure to be over powerful), hence I'm trying to
find a supplier for the heating elements/thermostat and controller. I
would happily receive any information anyone could give... even where
to search.

RS, Farenell/CPC, lots of elements and controllers too!