Default How do you sharpen planer blades ?????????

I have a 12"DeWalt planer that's just taken the edge off it's spare
set of blades so now I need to sharpen them. Do I need to remove them
or is there a gizmo that enables you to do it with the blade in
position?
Tia,
Mike

Doug

Be certain that you don't have disposables like the ones on my Ryobi.

Roger Shoaf

wrote in message
I have a 12"DeWalt planer that's just taken the edge off it's spare
set of blades so now I need to sharpen them. Do I need to remove them
or is there a gizmo that enables you to do it with the blade in
position?
Tia,
Mike

A tool and die maker or a place that sharpens end mills can probably do a
perfect job for a reasonable fee. It is a fairly simple job to set the
blades on a surface grinder and sharpen all the blades to the same height
and bevel.

The design of the cutter head might also allow for all the blades to be
sharpened while clamped in position. This would be the most accurate way as
the edge of each blade would be exactly the same distance from the center of
the head.

I would ask the man doing the work which way he preferred.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.