Jim Larkey

Default One More Time...Paslode IM250A Cordless Finish Nailer, Stripped Threads Problem

Does anyone in this NG have any experience with the threads stipping on the
depth adjustment knob?

Click on the following URL for details:
http://www.pbase.com/image/38701662.jpg

Thanks much in advance.
Cheers,
Jim

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 07:46:12 -0500, "Jim Larkey"
wrote:

Does anyone in this NG have any experience with the threads stipping on the
depth adjustment knob?

Click on the following URL for details:
http://www.pbase.com/image/38701662.jpg

Thanks much in advance.
Cheers,
Jim

I don't have that gun, so the best I can do is offer some sort of
vague advice in the form of:
perhaps you could repair the knob by reaming it out and epoxying in a
threaded insert... or maybe just replace it with a machine nut...
Jim Larkey

Thanks for suggestion, but access to the depth adjuster knob resticted and
is very difficult. Secondly I'm not sure a machine nut would be any better
strength-wise to absorb impact shock of nail gun.

What I'm wondering is whether other users of this gun have a continuing
problem with this or is this a one-time rare event, just like the "rare
event" of the bad spark plug I had.

IF this happens again and again, I'd just as soon cut my losses and move
onto a different gun?

Cheers,
Jim

I don't have that gun, so the best I can do is offer some sort of
vague advice in the form of:
perhaps you could repair the knob by reaming it out and epoxying in a
threaded insert... or maybe just replace it with a machine nut...

Porter Cable Bammer Cordless Nailer - BEWARE David Rhoades Woodworking 7 June 7th 21 08:17 PM
Porter Cable vs. Bostitch Finish Nailer Combo Kits Mark Witczak Woodworking 22 June 17th 17 01:21 AM
Paslode IM250A Cordless Finish Nailer, Stripped Treads Problem Jim Larkey Woodworking 0 January 16th 05 03:52 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Is 16 Gauge Brad Nailer Actually a Finish Nailer? Jay Chan Woodworking 3 December 28th 03 04:18 AM