Bosh drill - chuck removing

Old January 14th 05, 05:26 PM
Arkady

Default Bosh drill - chuck removing

Hi all!

I try to remove keyless chuck of my Bosch PSB 600RE drill. Manual says
that I have to put Allen key into chuck, hit its longer arm when spindle
locked but with no success. I've found that chuck is usualy blocked with
screw inside (nothing about it in my manual) to prevent self-unscrew
from spindle during reverse operation but all I can see inside is small
round hole at the bottom. Please help me, I don't want to destroy
something using too much force. Have anyone did it?
--
Real mail - arkadys1[]wp.pl

Old January 14th 05, 07:12 PM
Russ

Get an allen socket about 5/16 I think chuck it up and use an impact wrench.
If you don't have one I'm sure any repair shop would do it for you. Do not
put the new one on the same way just tighten it by hand. Good luck.

Old January 14th 05, 09:58 PM
Leon

"Arkady" wrote in message
Hi all!

I try to remove keyless chuck of my Bosch PSB 600RE drill. Manual says
that I have to put Allen key into chuck, hit its longer arm when spindle
locked but with no success. I've found that chuck is usualy blocked with
screw inside (nothing about it in my manual) to prevent self-unscrew from
spindle during reverse operation but all I can see inside is small round
hole at the bottom. Please help me, I don't want to destroy something
using too much force. Have anyone did it?
--
Real mail - arkadys1[]wp.pl

Looking down into the hole of the chuck you should be loosening by turning
the chuck counter clockwise. Sometimes things will loosen easier if you
try to tighten just a bit before loosening.
As for as the lock screw, what you are looking for that is common on
reversible drills. If yours is not reversible there probably is no lock
screw.

Old January 15th 05, 02:04 AM
SawDust

I haven't done this - But it's been explained to me, since I was going
to convert an old drill to a keyless chuck.

The screw you see also keeps the chuck on. It's also supposedly
reverse threaded. Remove the screw, then go with the allen key
routine. It should only take one good sharp rap on the allen key to
break the seal, then the chuck will just unscrew by hand.

Pat