buck

Default Anyone own Ryobi's BTS20 wheeled portable table saw?

Still looking for a entry level saw. I see that Home Depot has the BTS20
for approx $200. I know that this is not a great saw and probably not a
terrible one. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who actually has
used one. I will be buying a saw for small home projects and don't need a
big "good contractor" saw. On the other hand I would like to get the most
bang for the buck in the $200-300 price range. Looked at the Delta TS300
which I really liked but I don't have the room for it. I also checked out
the Hitachi C10RA2 from Lowes ($300) but don't like the cheap miter slot
setup. So...... any comments appreciated.
-TIA

Russ Penrose

"buck" wrote in
ervers.com:

Still looking for a entry level saw. I see that Home Depot has the
BTS20 for approx $200. I know that this is not a great saw and
probably not a terrible one. I would be interested in hearing from
anyone who actually has used one. I will be buying a saw for small
home projects and don't need a big "good contractor" saw. On the
other hand I would like to get the most bang for the buck in the
$200-300 price range. Looked at the Delta TS300 which I really liked
but I don't have the room for it. I also checked out the Hitachi
C10RA2 from Lowes ($300) but don't like the cheap miter slot setup.
So...... any comments appreciated. -TIA

I used one on and off for a few months that a fellow finish carpenter had
purchased and it seemed to hold up pretty well. He also let a few other job
site idiots use it and they couldn't seem to wreck it, despite all their
attempts. I don't remember any real drawbacks to the unit. Fence seemed
pretty nice. Onboard storage for miter gauge and fence IIRC. Big table too.
If you're half-assed serious, you should try to buy a little nicer model.
There's nicer one's out there for a little more $$$.

Good Luck,
Russ P.

buck

Russ..... If you're half-assed serious, you should try to buy a little nicer
model. There's nicer one's out there for a little more $$$.

Seeing the Ryobi is selling for $200 what nicer ones would you say are
available for a "little more money-say $100"?
-thanks

Johnboy

I have this saw, very happy with it. And the price has come down since
I bought mine..... I like the portability, lightweight and easy setup.
Cuts straight, lot's of power surprisingly....

Russ..... If you're half-assed serious, you should try to buy a little nicer
model. There's nicer one's out there for a little more $$$.

Seeing the Ryobi is selling for $200 what nicer ones would you say are
available for a "little more money-say $100"?
-thanks

A "PORTABLE" Table Saw - Which One? Too_Many_Tools Woodworking 10 January 10th 05 10:06 AM
Portable Table Saw TB Woodworking 19 November 19th 04 04:36 AM
General International Table Saw Dimensions Bruce Woodworking 8 February 22nd 04 05:53 AM
Jet table saw table out of tolerance Bob Davis Woodworking 3 October 21st 03 06:54 PM