Maverick

Default Here is the Rigid story.

Emerson Professional Tools & One World Technologies to Partner on RIDGID?
Power Tool Line
Agreement to Build On 80 Years of RIDGID Brand Heritage
ST. LOUIS, MO, July 1, 2003 ? Emerson Professional Tools, a business of
Emerson (NYSE: EMR), today announced efforts to enhance the manufacturing
and marketing of Emerson?s RIDGID? brand bench top and stationary
woodworking power tool products. Under the agreement, One World Technologies
(OWT), a wholly owned subsidiary of TechTronic Industries Company Limited
(TTI) (HKEx stock code 669; ADR symbol TTNDY), will supply these RIDGID?
brand tools, leveraging the strengths from each organization in engineering
and quality manufacturing.
The tools will be built to meet the high standards established by Emerson
that customers have come to expect from the RIDGID brand name ? hallmarks
such as reliability, durability, best-in-class manufacturing,
industry-leading design and professional quality.
?This new partnership and business model will further enhance an innovative
line of power tools that already has the respect of end users everywhere,?
said Pat Sly, Emerson executive vice president and Emerson Professional
Tools business leader. ?RIDGID tools have long been recognized as superior
products within the industry, and this agreement will strengthen that
position.?
The Home Depot is and will remain the exclusive hardware home center
retailer of RIDGID bench and stationary woodworking power tools, as well as
wet/dry vacs, hand tools, pumps and plumbing/pipefitting tools.
With a well-established reputation in the power tool industry, OWT will
leverage its record of innovation, product development and leading
capabilities in manufacturing logistics and distribution. Strict adherence
to RIDGID quality standards will be maintained as the companies transition
production.
?This is quite an honor for One World Technologies to manufacture these
bench top and stationary tools,? said Bob Freitag, Executive Vice President
of OWT. ?In fact, the new line will include improved features and benefits
consistent with RIDGID?s reputation for meeting and exceeding the needs of
professional contractors. This is a win-win for all parties, and we?re
excited to help ensure that the RIDGID brand continues to be a success for
The Home Depot,? Freitag continued.
Tool users can expect the new line of bench top and stationary power tools
from the partnership to begin appearing in The Home Depot stores this
August.
Emerson will continue support the full RIDGID line and will remain a
significant manufacturer of RIDGID wet/dry vacuums, hand tools, and other
products for The Home Depot.
The new partnership also impacts technical and after-sales service for the
bench top and stationary woodworking power tools. RIDGID has always enjoyed
an excellent reputation for service, and this agreement will expand and
improve performance in that area. New services include nationwide two-day
UPS part service for faster turn-around, triple the number of available
local service centers, and a dedicated, full-time staff to answer technical
woodworking tool-related questions.
As always, customers can call 1-800-4-RIDGID (1-800-474-3443) to speak with
a RIDGID technical representative and obtain service part ordering
information or visit www.ridgid.com. An additional tool free number,
1-866-539-1710, is also available to further facilitate customer inquiries.
Emerson Professional Tools brings together technology and engineering to
design and produce some of the highest quality tools and equipment in the
world. From wet/dry vacs to the industry?s best-selling pipe diagnostic
system, key brands include RIDGID, Knaack, and Weatherguard. Emerson
Professional Tools is a business of St. Louis-based Emerson
(www.gotoemerson.com), a global leader in providing innovative solutions to
customers in electronics and telecommunications; process control; industrial
automation; heating, ventilating and air conditioning; and appliance and
tools. Sales in fiscal 2002 were $13.8 billion.
Founded in 1985, TTI is one of the largest and fastest growing manufacturers
of professional and do-it-yourself home improvement products. The company
manufactures power tools, gas and cordless outdoor power equipment and floor
care products such as vacuums and deep cleaning extractors. The products
manufactured by TTI are sold under its own industry leading brands and under
other internationally recognizable brand names under an OEM basis. The
company employs over 12,000 employees worldwide. The company has enjoyed
continuous growth since its listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in 1990,
achieving double-digit growth for the past eight years.

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Maverick wrote:
Emerson Professional Tools & One World Technologies to Partner on RIDGID?
Power Tool Line

The name on my table saw and drill press both say "RIDGID"; not "RIGID. I hate
to be the Spelling Police but enough is enough.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

..

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Maverick wrote:
Come on nurse. It's new years eve. My keyboard has been drinking.

Why didn't you say so? Happy New Year!

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Dave Balderstone

In article , Maverick
wrote:

Come on nurse. It's new years eve. My keyboard has been drinking.

The piano has been drinking, my necktie is asleep
And the combo went back to new york, the jukebox has to take a leak
And the carpet needs a haircut, and the spotlight looks like a prison
break
And the telephoneÕs out of cigarettes, and the balcony is on the make
And the piano has been drinking, the piano has been drinking...

And the menus are all freezing, and the light manÕs blind in one eye
And he canÕt see out of the other
And the piano-tunerÕs got a hearing aid, and he showed up with his
mother
And the piano has been drinking, the piano has been drinking
As the bouncer is a sumo wrestler cream-puff casper milktoast
And the owner is a mental midget with the i.q. of a fence post
Õcause the piano has been drinking, the piano has been drinking...

And you canÕt find your waitress with a geiger counter
And she hates you and your friends and you just canÕt get served
without her
And the box-office is drooling, and the bar stools are on fire
And the newspapers were fooling, and the ash-trays have retired
Õcause the piano has been drinking, the piano has been drinking
The piano has been drinking, not me, not me, not me, not me, not me

-- "The Piano Has Been Drinking", Tom Waits
Gerald Ross

Dave Balderstone wrote:

In article , Maverick
wrote:
=20
Come on nurse. It's new years eve. My keyboard has been drinking.

=20
The piano has been drinking, my necktie is asleep
And the combo went back to new york, the jukebox has to take a leak
And the carpet needs a haircut, and the spotlight looks like a prison
break
And the telephone=D5s out of cigarettes, and the balcony is on the make=

And the piano has been drinking, the piano has been drinking...
=20
And the menus are all freezing, and the light man=D5s blind in one eye
And he can=D5t see out of the other
And the piano-tuner=D5s got a hearing aid, and he showed up with his
mother
And the piano has been drinking, the piano has been drinking
As the bouncer is a sumo wrestler cream-puff casper milktoast
And the owner is a mental midget with the i.q. of a fence post
=D5cause the piano has been drinking, the piano has been drinking...
=20
And you can=D5t find your waitress with a geiger counter
And she hates you and your friends and you just can=D5t get served
without her
And the box-office is drooling, and the bar stools are on fire
And the newspapers were fooling, and the ash-trays have retired
=D5cause the piano has been drinking, the piano has been drinking
The piano has been drinking, not me, not me, not me, not me, not me
=20
-- "The Piano Has Been Drinking", Tom Waits

I'd love to hear that one. I like his version of Waltzing=20
Matilda.

--=20
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Everyone must row with the oars he has.

sandman

In article ,
Gerald Ross wrote:

-- "The Piano Has Been Drinking", Tom Waits

I'd love to hear that one. I like his version of Waltzing
Matilda.

I'm a bit in awe of Waits muhself.. I mean, anybody who can come up with
lines like:

"I was so horny, even the crack of dawn looked good to me."

and

"I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal
lobotomy."

or were those Zappa's?

Rob
Since 1949

Happy New Year to all the Wreck people.... thank you all for making me
feel welcome.
Dave Balderstone

In article ,
sandman wrote:

"I was so horny, even the crack of dawn looked good to me."

and

"I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal
lobotomy."

or were those Zappa's?

The first one was certainly Waits. He says a variation on "Nighthawks
at the Diner". I've heard the second attributed to him and others.
Dave Balderstone

In article , Gerald Ross
wrote:

I'd love to hear that one. I like his version of Waltzing
Matilda.

It's on "Small Change". A quick search at mp3.com turnas up
http://sg1.allmusic.com/cg/smp.dll?l...vug99i&z=MP3&r
=20.asx but the server isn't responding at the moment.

Unisaw A100

sandman wrote:
"I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal
lobotomy."

I believe it went, "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me
than a frontal lobotomy". It certainly trips off the tongue
better.

It was Waits and I heard him say it on Fernwood Tonight.

UA100

eScrew OWNS YOU!!! [email protected] Metalworking 7 December 22nd 04 09:47 PM
eScrew Dave Jackson Woodworking 1 December 21st 04 01:54 AM
Funny story about metal [email protected] Metalworking 10 December 20th 04 05:26 PM
Funny story about repair [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 December 20th 04 03:35 AM
2nd story on post / beam barry martin Home Repair 0 July 31st 03 02:34 AM