Bullwinkle J. Moose

Yea, sorry I didn't say where the arrows were. They're on the belts
themselves. I'm still waiting on a reply back from Delta also. With the
holiday, I ain't expecting to hear from them till next week. Owners manual
doesn't say a thing about it either.

"Mike G" wrote in message
ews.com...
In article jtfBd.831650$8_6.467082@attbi_s04,
says...
I've got a pretty stupid, if not obvious question about replacing the
sanding strips on the 18" Delta drum sander. I got one as a bday present

couple months ago, and just last night decided to replace the factory
installed 80 grit paper with some 120. Now in my hast last night when I
pulled the 80 off, I didn't notice the way the arrows were pointing. I

did
go a googling and found much discussion about the sanders in general,

but
didn't find anything about that. Do the arrows go the direction the drum
turns, or the direction the wood is fed? I know I should know this you
know??? TIA

There are arrows somewhere?

I never looked. Put the strip on the right hand side and roll the drum
away from you. Make sure you keep the strip tight and butted tightly
together with no overlap.

After you've sanded a bit check for tightness on the strip especially on
the ends.

You can get a little more use out of the strips by removing them when
they start to show a little wear and start them at the other end of the
strip.

CLEAN the strips frequently during use.

--
Mike G.
Heirloom Woods

www.heirloom-woods.net

firstjois

Bullwinkle J. Moose wrote:

[snip]
I know I should know this you know??? TIA

The rule is: "Once you know, you know."

Josie

JGS

Normally the arrows designate the direction of movement. Often found on
looped or joined belts like those found on a belt sander. The replacement
paper on mine does not have any arrows. As Mike says, check the ends after a
bit of operation and tighten if necessary. Otherwise the bump will grab the
work piece and a very big mess and broken belt results. Cheers, JG

"Bullwinkle J. Moose" wrote:

I've got a pretty stupid, if not obvious question about replacing the
sanding strips on the 18" Delta drum sander. I got one as a bday present a