debaser

Default Remove plaster stains from unfinished wood

Hi all,

We've had a new pine floor laid, followed by re-plastering of walls in
the same room - needless to say that the floor got covered in plaster
during this time. Anyway, I've got all the dried plaster off the
surface of the floor but some of the plaster / water solution has soaked
into the timber and stained it. What is the best way to get rid of
these stains? Any suggestions would be very very gratefully received.

Thanks for reading!!

wrote:

Hi all,

We've had a new pine floor laid, followed by re-plastering of walls in
the same room - needless to say that the floor got covered in plaster
during this time. Anyway, I've got all the dried plaster off the
surface of the floor but some of the plaster / water solution has soaked
into the timber and stained it. What is the best way to get rid of
these stains? Any suggestions would be very very gratefully received.

Thanks for reading!!

acid wash. swimming pool acid works fine. about a cup of muriatic acid
in a gallon of water and scrub it down.

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:04:23 +0000, debaser

wrote:

Hi all,

We've had a new pine floor laid, followed by re-plastering of walls in
the same room - needless to say that the floor got covered in plaster
during this time. Anyway, I've got all the dried plaster off the
surface of the floor but some of the plaster / water solution has soaked
into the timber and stained it. What is the best way to get rid of
these stains? Any suggestions would be very very gratefully received.

Thanks for reading!!

acid wash. swimming pool acid works fine. about a cup of muriatic acid
in a gallon of water and scrub it down.

Thanks for the tip (excellent). I happen to have some already believe
it or not. Do I need to neutralize it afterwards or just leave it to dry?

just leave it to dry. if you apply a base, you'll be back where you
started.