Sam Berlyn

Default Router jigs

Hi,

I recently bought a cheap plunge router, and I am on the hunt for ideas of
jigs. I cannot have a router table, as space is SEVERELY limited! I have
seen Dovetail jigs on the market, but these are approx. £70 - too much for
me. Are there any "build it yourself" jigs that are worth having, for doing
various tasks?

Cheers,

Sam

JLucas ILS

Sam,
In that price range, only thing is the Stots Dovetail Master. It is a little
extra work but it will let you make your own jig(s) and it works tremendously.
Try this page: www.woodshopdemos.com/stots1.htm

John Lucas
www,woodshopdemos.com

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 18:23:44 -0000, "Sam Berlyn"
wrote:

Hi,

I recently bought a cheap plunge router, and I am on the hunt for ideas of
jigs. I cannot have a router table, as space is SEVERELY limited!

sure you can. you just can't have it set up all of the time. use your
workmate for the base and make a top that you can slide between your
bench and the wall when it's not in use.

I have
seen Dovetail jigs on the market, but these are approx. £70 - too much for
me. Are there any "build it yourself" jigs that are worth having, for doing
various tasks?

lots of them. routers get useful, really useful when you start using
them with jigs. most of the router jigs I use are built for the job at
hand. some are generally useful enough that they get kept and improved
upon, but most of them are thrown away at the end of the job- so I
build them quickly and cheaply. (note that quickly and cheaply does
not include sloppily- accuracy is most important here...)

here's one place to look:
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=router%20jig&safe=images&as_ugroup=rec .woodworking&lr=&hl=en
or
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=pat+warner&btnG=Search