RonB

Default Homemade End-Vise / Folding workbench Pics

I have posted more pictures of a finished folding workbench with a homemade
end vise at ABPW. This is in response to posts here regarding homemade
vises a couple of weeks ago.

(Poor Boys Bench / End Vise - Nearly finished)

RonB

Never Enough Money

Cool. How'd you make that end vise? With pipe clamps?

You should submit to the Tips section of Fine Woodworking!

[snip]

RonB

Yes. The first post at ABPW provides some details regarding the clamps
which are Irwins. They are a little beefier than some but are prone to
loosing the roll pin that holds the crank screw to the crank jaw.

I just posted a couple more pics of the lower side with the bench in the
folded position. Apparently the first ones didn't find their way though the
internet (or my provider).

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:06:30 -0600, "RonB" wrote:
clamps
which are Irwins. They are a little beefier than some but are prone to
loosing the roll pin that holds the crank screw to the crank jaw.

you can fix that by replacing the roll pins with machine screws and
locknuts