grpman

Default Can Anyone Identify this Type of Finish

I wanted to build some cabinets, and I need some info on the type of
finish that I desire. Problem is, I don't know the name of the
desired finish.

Perhaps I should first describe the type of cabinets about which i am
thinking.

You typically see these cabiniets in Europe, like from Germany. They
typically go from floor to near the ceiling, take up an entire wall,
and the entire front of the cabinetry is completely flat.

The colour is typically lighter (from blonde to light brown). The
finish is kinda like laminate, has a little bit if grain to it, a bit
leathery. I guess that it is mimicing a sorta maple finish.

Anyway, I wanted to make the cabinets out of MDF and then paint them
with that sorta light wood grain/leather look with a high gloss
coating.

Anybody know what I'm talkin-bout? Any tips/links/examples.

I have done a lot of searching for faux-finishing, but those resources
typically talk about reproducing soemthing natural, while this finish
really isn't a reproduction of anything.

Thanks