Mike

Default Cordless Saws - Bosch/Dewalt/Others?

Planning to upgrade from a trashed out Ryobi to something of more substance
and was looking at the Bosch 1662 and Dewalt 936 18VDC saws. Anyone out
there have any suggestions or comments or should I also look at some other
brands? The Ryobi is a joke, but was also a gift so I need to be cool about
a new saw but it can't even cut a full sheet of 3/4 ply without a battery
charge. BTW, I normally prefer Bosch tools but in this case, I can buy the
Dewalt at a lower cost.

Bruce Litherland

I've got the DeWalt 12V cordless saw and have been very happy with it. The
batteries last well and haven't found any problems with it. I've used it for
4-5 years without a hitch. I'm sure the 18V has more power but it also has
more weight. They have a wide selection of blades etc... Good luck.

TeamCasa

I have the Milwaukee 18V Great saw. However, All of my cordless are
Milwaukee and the batteries are interchangeable.

As they say in drag racing (or at least used too) "run what ya brung!" In
other words, all of your cordless tools should have interchangeable
batteries. IMHO

Dave

"Mike" wrote in message
Planning to upgrade from a trashed out Ryobi to something of more

substance
and was looking at the Bosch 1662 and Dewalt 936 18VDC saws. Anyone out
there have any suggestions or comments or should I also look at some other
brands? The Ryobi is a joke, but was also a gift so I need to be cool

about
a new saw but it can't even cut a full sheet of 3/4 ply without a battery
charge. BTW, I normally prefer Bosch tools but in this case, I can buy the
Dewalt at a lower cost.

Eugene

bob wrote:

Your Ryobi must be related to mine, as mine also will not cut a full shut
of
3/4 with a battery swap. I junked it and replaced it with a Milwaukee 18V
cordless circ saw. That thing made 14 cuts in 3/4 MDO before the battery
petered out. My recommendation to you is Milwaukee.

Bob

That Ryobi sounds pretty sad, my little 9.6v makita does better, I used it
to cut up a whole sheet of 3/4" mdf to build a router table