Joe Wilding

Default Red Oak 1/2 price at Rockler until October 3rd

I just ntoiced in their flier. Sale price is $3/bf.
I don't normally buy wood there becuse it is ussualy more expensive than my
local hardwood dealer. At this price though it is a pretty good value
beacuse the stuff I have seen anyway is good quality, (clear and straight.)
I might just have to go stock up for winter.

--
Joe in Denver
my woodworking website:

Tim Henrion

Joe Wilding wrote:
I just ntoiced in their flier. Sale price is $3/bf.
I don't normally buy wood there becuse it is ussualy more expensive than my
local hardwood dealer. At this price though it is a pretty good value
beacuse the stuff I have seen anyway is good quality, (clear and straight.)
I might just have to go stock up for winter.

Hehe, $3/bf is still more than my local hardwood dealer.
Buying wood at Rockler == No Joy

Tim Henrion
Mike in Mystic

but it's red oak

Mike in Mystic

I was just kidding. I've made a lot of stuff from red oak. The best was
rift sawn stock that I purchased for some clocks per advice in the article
in the recent Popular Woodworking. I'm sure I paid more than $3/bf for it.

"Mike in Mystic" wrote in message
.. .
but it's red oak

Tom

Joe wrote:I just ntoiced in their flier. Sale price is $3/bf.
I don't normally buy wood there becuse it is ussualy more expensive than my
local hardwood dealer. At this price though it is a pretty good value
beacuse the stuff I have seen anyway is good quality, (clear and straight.)
I might just have to go stock up for winter.

--

IIRC, Woodcraft sent out a disclaimer saying the stated price was a misprint,
and that they're sorry. That's if I remember correctly. Tom

patrick conroy

"Joe Wilding" wrote in message

I just ntoiced in their flier. Sale price is $3/bf.
I don't normally buy wood there becuse it is ussualy more expensive than

my
local hardwood dealer. At this price though it is a pretty good value

Saw that too. That is a good price for S3S in Denver.
Joe - who's your usual local HW dealer? Centennial? Austin? Paxton?

Joe Wilding

I have shoped at all three, but I prefer Centennial. They are a little
closer (to me), in my opinion friendlier, and have good wood at good prices.
I have been in there enough now that they almost always give me some sort of
discount. (I don't even ask. They just do it.)

Joe

"patrick conroy" wrote in message

"Joe Wilding" wrote in message

I just ntoiced in their flier. Sale price is $3/bf.
I don't normally buy wood there becuse it is ussualy more expensive than

my
local hardwood dealer. At this price though it is a pretty good value

Saw that too. That is a good price for S3S in Denver.
Joe - who's your usual local HW dealer? Centennial? Austin? Paxton?

Dale

"Kevin Singleton" wrote in message ...
That'd be funny!

--
Kevin
-=#=-

"Tom" wrote in message
Joe wrote:I just ntoiced in their flier. Sale price is $3/bf.
I don't normally buy wood there becuse it is ussualy more expensive than
my
local hardwood dealer. At this price though it is a pretty good value
beacuse the stuff I have seen anyway is good quality, (clear and
straight.)
I might just have to go stock up for winter.

--

IIRC, Woodcraft sent out a disclaimer saying the stated price was a
misprint,
and that they're sorry. That's if I remember correctly. Tom
Work at your leisure!

I just received the same flyer from ROCKLER with the 3/4" red oak at
$3 a BF. I was thinking about making the 45 minute drive to the
nearest store to check out the quality and possibly make a purchase.

Dale
patrick conroy

"Joe Wilding" wrote in message

I have shoped at all three, but I prefer Centennial. They are a little

Thanks - Joe. One more if you don't mind: Sharpening?

I'm on the north end of town and thinking about trying someone with a nice
yellow-pages ad up in Loveland. But do you have a favorite blade sharpener
in Denver?

Again - thanks!

Creamy Goodness

patrick conroy wrote:
"Joe Wilding" wrote in message

I have shoped at all three, but I prefer Centennial. They are a
little

Thanks - Joe. One more if you don't mind: Sharpening?

I'm on the north end of town and thinking about trying someone with a
nice yellow-pages ad up in Loveland. But do you have a favorite blade
sharpener in Denver?

Again - thanks!

Patrick,

We use Childers Sharpening Service off Broadway. We've been using them for
years and they do a superb job.

Steve Lee
Childers Sharpening Service
4767 Broadway
Denver, Colorado 80110
(303) 789-3855

Mike Rinken

Leon

"Tom" wrote in message

IIRC, Woodcraft sent out a disclaimer saying the stated price was a
misprint,
and that they're sorry. That's if I remember correctly. Tom
Work at your leisure!

What dies the Woodcraft disclaimer have to do with the Rockler ad???

Tom

wrote in message

IIRC, Woodcraft sent out a disclaimer saying the stated price was a
misprint,
and that they're sorry. That's if I remember correctly. Tom

So then Leon wrote:What dies the Woodcraft disclaimer have to do with the
Rockler ad???

I get them confused all the time. IIRC! Tom
Work at your leisure!
patrick conroy

"Creamy Goodness" creamy at agbgaming dot com wrote in message
news:dd84d$414218e2$41a9ca42$18490@allthenewsgroup s.com...

Mike Rinken

Thanks Mike!