Dawn Cherni

Default Wood burning

Hello,
I was wondering if some one can point me in the right direction for this. I
an new at doing and I have found I really love it. But would like to find a
group or place on the net I can learn from. Any help would be great.

Dawn

Mike Marlow

"Dawn Cherni" wrote in message
Hello,
I was wondering if some one can point me in the right direction for this.

an new at doing and I have found I really love it. But would like to find

group or place on the net I can learn from. Any help would be great.

Dawn

Well, back when I was doing it I generally cut the wood into 16" chunks for
the living room stove or into 36" chunks for the basement stove (when we had
it), and split some of it into smaller pieces while leaving some of it as a
log. Just chucked it into the stove and let it burn. Oh wait - you're
talking about the "other" kind of woodburning... Don't know a thing about
it.
--

-Mike-

Clif

If you are talking about "sketching" and the likes in wood, you can go to
any walmart or craft store and get a starter kit. They will give you some
patterns as well as pointers, and will surely get you more interested. I
used to get the kits when I made clocks for people, it was cheaper, that is
until I found out about chainsaws lol :-) Back on your topic though, on the
net you can Google it, it is full of great ideas
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...dburning+howto) and also
find out its called pyrography. Good luck

Clif
"Dawn Cherni" wrote in message
Hello,
I was wondering if some one can point me in the right direction for this.

an new at doing and I have found I really love it. But would like to find

group or place on the net I can learn from. Any help would be great.

Dawn

B Man

You may have some luck by following up with some local wood carver groups.
Often, wood carvers use high end wood burning tools. I know my
father-in-law wood burns all the time and he's right into carving.

Brian

"Dawn Cherni" wrote in message
Hello,
I was wondering if some one can point me in the right direction for this.

an new at doing and I have found I really love it. But would like to find

group or place on the net I can learn from. Any help would be great.

Dawn

Frank McVey

Hi, Dawn,

Do a Google search on "Pyrography". You'll find plenty of information and
inspiration.

HTH

Frank

"Dawn Cherni" wrote in message
Hello,
I was wondering if some one can point me in the right direction for this.

an new at doing and I have found I really love it. But would like to find

group or place on the net I can learn from. Any help would be great.

Dawn

---

GJP

"Dawn Cherni" wrote in
:

Hello,
I was wondering if some one can point me in the right direction for
this. I
an new at doing and I have found I really love it. But would like to
find a group or place on the net I can learn from. Any help would be
great.

Dawn

You might have found these sites by "googling", if not here are some that
will help you gain entry into the world of Pyrography(woodburning).(G)

http://www.woodburner.com/404.php

This one next on is called the Pyrography museum...lots of info.
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/4029/directory.html

Check out this Pyrography(woodburning) group on Yahoo, lots of info from
pros here. Just use you web broser to reach the Yahoo groups and then
search for the following.
uniting_pyrographers · Global Pyrographers - I.A.P.A.

Check the ezine on woodcarving on this web site, it has a very informative
column each issue on Pyrography(woodburning), make sure you look at the
back issues.
http://carverscompanion.com/Ezine/WWWEzine.html

GJP