Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Big shop table saw

If you've got the room in your shop, take a look at this one:

http://www.irsauctions.com/index_sea...1028& cat=528
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 12:15:51 PM UTC-4, Gramps' shop wrote:
If you've got the room in your shop, take a look at this one:

http://www.irsauctions.com/index_sea...1028& cat=528

I've got the room in my shop, but I might need to remove a few items, such as everything else.

Then the walls would have to go in order to have room to feed stock into (and out of) the saw.

As long as it never rains or gets cold, I'll be fine. I think I'll put in a bid.

Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 writes:
On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 12:15:51 PM UTC-4, Gramps' shop wrote:
If you've got the room in your shop, take a look at this one:

http://www.irsauctions.com/index_sea...1028& cat=528

I've got the room in my shop, but I might need to remove a few items, such as everything else.

Then the walls would have to go in order to have room to feed stock into (and out of) the saw.

As long as it never rains or gets cold, I'll be fine. I think I'll put in a bid.

It's a 5hp 3-phase motor, so you'll need the juice, as well.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 2:50:03 PM UTC-4, Scott Lurndal wrote:
DerbyDad03 writes:
On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 12:15:51 PM UTC-4, Gramps' shop wrote:
If you've got the room in your shop, take a look at this one:

http://www.irsauctions.com/index_sea...1028& cat=528

I've got the room in my shop, but I might need to remove a few items, such as everything else.

Then the walls would have to go in order to have room to feed stock into (and out of) the saw.

As long as it never rains or gets cold, I'll be fine. I think I'll put in a bid.

It's a 5hp 3-phase motor, so you'll need the juice, as well.

Well, with no walls, I can easily steal power from a bunch of neighbors. Picture a spider web of extension cords emanating from my "open floor plan" shop.
Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

Well, with no walls, I can easily steal power from a bunch of
neighbors. Picture a spider web of extension cords emanating from my
"open floor plan" shop.

It's a 3-phase motor, so make sure you don't steal power from just one
neighbor. I wonder if the different lengths of extension cords will be
enough to delay the signal so you've got 3PH-like power?

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

Well, with no walls, I can easily steal power from a bunch of
neighbors. Picture a spider web of extension cords emanating from my
"open floor plan" shop.

It's a 3-phase motor, so make sure you don't steal power from just one
neighbor. I wonder if the different lengths of extension cords will be
enough to delay the signal so you've got 3PH-like power?

Puckdropper

I'll run the extension cords straight up the trunks of a few trees to slow the power. I'll
circle them around the branches on the way down to slow the descent. It might catch up a
little, but I think I'll be OK.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 11:15:51 AM UTC-5, Gramps' shop wrote:
If you've got the room in your shop, take a look at this one:

http://www.irsauctions.com/index_sea...1028& cat=528

Only 5 hp? Kind of anemic for a SCMI European sliding tablesaw. That is the entry level for horsepower. And only 5 foot slider. Short. Not sure it would be worth getting a slider if it did not have an 8 foot slider. But the saw does come with a little Chinese dust collector!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 27 Apr 2017 03:29:04 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

Well, with no walls, I can easily steal power from a bunch of
neighbors. Picture a spider web of extension cords emanating from my
"open floor plan" shop.

It's a 3-phase motor, so make sure you don't steal power from just one
neighbor. I wonder if the different lengths of extension cords will be
enough to delay the signal so you've got 3PH-like power?

If your neighbors are in CA, MS, and NY. The extension cords are
going to set you back some, though.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 09:15:44 -0700 (PDT)
"Gramps' shop" wrote:

If you've got the room in your shop, take a look at this one:

from a plant closing

Berg Furniture closes its Furniture manufacturing plant in Barrington,
NJ.

has a 1 inch arbor and 12 inch blade

i would guess the blade is expensive and no idea if they are hard to
come by

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/27/2017 1:45 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 11:15:51 AM UTC-5, Gramps' shop wrote:
If you've got the room in your shop, take a look at this one:

http://www.irsauctions.com/index_sea...1028& cat=528

Only 5 hp? Kind of anemic for a SCMI European sliding tablesaw. That is the entry level for horsepower. And only 5 foot slider. Short. Not sure it would be worth getting a slider if it did not have an 8 foot slider. But the saw does come with a little Chinese dust collector!

Buyers premium is upto 15%.. I thought 10 was high. 15... Fthem.

--
Jeff