Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Selling A House With A Shop - Leave It For Showing Or Empty It?

On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 21:04:04 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 15:51:40 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 14:03:56 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 09:09:02 -0700, Electric Comet
wrote:

On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 20:20:51 -0700 (PDT)
DerbyDad03 wrote:

So much for letting potential buyers use their imagination as to what
the room could be used for. ;-)

the point of removing furnishings is to make the space look and feel
bigger

There is a limit to that. There should be enough in a room to make it
look useful but not enough to make it junky. A lot of people can't
"see" their bed in an empty room. OTOH, if there is a queen bed in
the room, it's a lot easier to imagine your king in the same room.
There is a reason people pay big money to stage homes.

Total waste of money in this local market where there are multiple
bids on virtually every listing, and they usually sell way over listed
price - with no conditions, and often sight unseen. Crazy I know, but
that's the market in the Greater Golden Horseshoe.

Probably but it makes the point that you shouldn't totally empty
rooms. De-junkify, absolutely. Remove everything? Not necessarily.

In a "normal" market you want the house look like it's liveable. A
bit of furniture gives it some "scale". I think an empty house is a
harder sell - in a normal market. If nothing else it detracts from
some of the normal "wear and tear"
Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:

[...]

Exactly. That's the point I've been making but even in a hot market
it may matter but it's unlikely to be worth hiring decoy furniture.

Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:

[...]

In a red hot market where people are bidding sight unseen, it's a
total waste
Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:

[...]

I love when so many "experts" show up on usenet to offer their ignorant
opinions.
The bottom line is a good realtor knows the trends in their area and
adjusts/stages accordingly.
It just so happens we are in the hottest sellers' market in 20 years.
You could stage your house with dead horses and crime scene tape and
you'd probably have a bidding war before it was officially on the market.

But no, a bunch of retired woodworkers on a dead internet medium know
more than people who are actually doing the job of selling real estate.

It's entertaining, at least.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:

[...]

Including yours?

The bottom line is a good realtor knows the trends in their area and
adjusts/stages accordingly.
It just so happens we are in the hottest sellers' market in 20 years.
You could stage your house with dead horses and crime scene tape and
you'd probably have a bidding war before it was officially on the market.

But no, a bunch of retired woodworkers on a dead internet medium know
more than people who are actually doing the job of selling real estate.

Since you're retired, maybe you could take some time to take
rudimentary reading classes. I said nothing about how hot, or not,
any particular market is.

It's entertaining, at least.

I'm so glad I could be of service.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/28/17 7:23 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 22:35:19 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote:

[...]

With most of your posts, I get the feeling that you're an old curmudgeon
who's only entertainment in life is to belittle people in this group.
If if brings you joy, who am I to argue?

You go on being you and enjoy.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 22:36:31 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 4/28/17 7:23 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 22:35:19 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote:

[...]

Exactly the opposite but I'm game any time you want to go there, which
seems to be a regular sport of yours.

You go on being you and enjoy.

Back at ya'.