For the Neanderthals out there.

Old March 20th 17, 03:10 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Default For the Neanderthals out there.

Someone sent me this video of a guy making a nice dining room table for
his wife. I thought those that liked using hand tools, I call you
neanderthals of course, would enjoy all the hard work. Myself, I'm into
power, gas/electric, the more the better. I respect hard work though, so
enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psgK...are_video_user

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Old March 20th 17, 11:05 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:10:08 -0400, Jack wrote:

Someone sent me this video of a guy making a nice dining room table for
his wife. I thought those that liked using hand tools, I call you
neanderthals of course, would enjoy all the hard work. Myself, I'm into
power, gas/electric, the more the better. I respect hard work though, so
enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psgK...are_video_user

Anyone that can work that fast don't need no stinking power tools.

Look on his wife's face? Priceless.
Old March 21st 17, 01:30 AM posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 16:05:50 -0700, OFWW
wrote:

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:10:08 -0400, Jack wrote:

Someone sent me this video of a guy making a nice dining room table for
his wife. I thought those that liked using hand tools, I call you
neanderthals of course, would enjoy all the hard work. Myself, I'm into
power, gas/electric, the more the better. I respect hard work though, so
enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psgK...are_video_user

Anyone that can work that fast don't need no stinking power tools.

If he'd used Sketchup he wouldn't have had to do that much dry
fitting. ;-)

Look on his wife's face? Priceless.

Old March 21st 17, 02:23 AM posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/20/2017 11:10 AM, Jack wrote:
Someone sent me this video of a guy making a nice dining room table for
his wife. I thought those that liked using hand tools, I call you
neanderthals of course, would enjoy all the hard work. Myself, I'm into
power, gas/electric, the more the better. I respect hard work though, so
enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psgK...are_video_user

She must cook heavy meals. You could park a car on that.
Old March 21st 17, 02:24 AM posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:10:08 -0400, Jack wrote:

Someone sent me this video of a guy making a nice dining room table for
his wife. I thought those that liked using hand tools, I call you
neanderthals of course, would enjoy all the hard work. Myself, I'm into
power, gas/electric, the more the better. I respect hard work though, so
enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psgK...are_video_user

Anyone that can work that fast don't need no stinking power tools.

If he'd used Sketchup he wouldn't have had to do that much dry
fitting. ;-)

True, but wouldn't that qualify as a power tool?

Look on his wife's face? Priceless.

Old March 21st 17, 03:53 AM posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:10:08 -0400, Jack wrote:

Someone sent me this video of a guy making a nice dining room table for
his wife. I thought those that liked using hand tools, I call you
neanderthals of course, would enjoy all the hard work. Myself, I'm into
power, gas/electric, the more the better. I respect hard work though, so
enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psgK...are_video_user

Anyone that can work that fast don't need no stinking power tools.

If he'd used Sketchup he wouldn't have had to do that much dry
fitting. ;-)

True, but wouldn't that qualify as a power tool?

Yeah but that camera, that make him look fast, is a power tool too. LOL
Old March 21st 17, 10:17 AM posted to rec.woodworking

On 21/03/2017 2:10 @wiz, Jack wrote:

his wife. I thought those that liked using hand tools, I call you
neanderthals of course, would enjoy all the hard work. Myself, I'm into
power, gas/electric, the more the better. I respect hard work though, so
enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psgK...are_video_user

Absolutely AWESOME! Thanks for that!
Reminded me of when I made my workbench, nearly 20 years ago.
Still there, still working perfectly, still a ton heavy!

Old March 23rd 17, 09:31 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Jack wrote:

Someone sent me this video of a guy making a nice dining room table
for his wife. I thought those that liked using hand tools, I call

she really had no choice but to exclaim she liked it

she was put on the spot

it is a nice table but too heavy

will be hard to move to vacuum and since they look like a traditional
couple she probably plays the housewife role and vacuums

a better design would have been to create the top in 4 pieces connected
with a simple mechanism underneath like a cam style connector or the
like

something that can be done with one hand

you neanderthals of course, would enjoy all the hard work. Myself,
I'm into power, gas/electric, the more the better. I respect hard
work though, so enjoy.

i have doubts that many here use only hand tools

most of us use a combination of them

sometimes a block plane is just the right tool and other times it
is not and you might reach for the sander

Old March 24th 17, 01:14 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Jack wrote:

Someone sent me this video of a guy making a nice dining room table
for his wife. I thought those that liked using hand tools, I call

she really had no choice but to exclaim she liked it

she was put on the spot

Oh, good grief. I showed it to my wife and she loved it, though it's
not her style.

it is a nice table but too heavy

Dining room tables *are* heavy. It's not accidental.

will be hard to move to vacuum and since they look like a traditional
couple she probably plays the housewife role and vacuums

You're not going to just shove ours into the corner to vacuum under
it, either. That's just not rational.

a better design would have been to create the top in 4 pieces connected
with a simple mechanism underneath like a cam style connector or the
like

something that can be done with one hand

Oh, good grief!

Old March 24th 17, 02:18 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Jack wrote:

[...]

K's reply, to you, was too kind. Your criticism of Chris' work, and with respect to his wife, is totally unfounded and rude. Chris stated, clearly, what the plan was, which in part, BTW, was to USE NO METAL FASTENERS!!! You not only do not pay attention, you're an idiot.

Sonny