Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Removal of old window putty???

I have the problem with some old double hung sash windows. I tried the heat gun method with some success but still managed to crack a few panes not from excessive heat but from pressure applied scraping the putty out. I found that the glass was not necessarily evenly supported by the rebate ok the other side.

I've switched to using a multi tool with oscillating saw blades. With a little care this is a little easier and quicker, but patience is the key word whatever the method.

Putty removal Gib Bogle[_3_] UK diy 6 November 24th 13 06:49 PM
Insulating sticky putty removal help please [email protected] Electronics Repair 7 November 30th 12 12:43 AM
Poster putty removal...WD40? O.B. Juan Home Repair 1 August 23rd 06 01:57 AM
Silly Putty Stain Removal Danduckeli Home Repair 2 April 19th 06 07:04 AM
casemenet window - no putty? newbie UK diy 3 January 29th 06 12:53 PM