Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodpeckers does it again.

I have to laugh, got this in the mail today.
http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/w...leSquare+ OTT

I have this tool from the 1970's Woodpeckers AngleSquare MultiTool.
While not annodized, it was about $10 back then. The patent has surely
run out. It's either a Craftsman or some other brand... I'll look when
I get home.

So now you can have it for the price of $139..
Is it that great... NOOOOOO.
I used to use it.. I haven't in years.

--
Jeff

---

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/21/2017 9:06 AM, woodchucker wrote:
I have to laugh, got this in the mail today.
http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/w...leSquare+ OTT

I have this tool from the 1970's Woodpeckers AngleSquare MultiTool.
While not annodized, it was about $10 back then. The patent has surely
run out. It's either a Craftsman or some other brand... I'll look when
I get home.

So now you can have it for the price of $139..
Is it that great... NOOOOOO.
I used to use it.. I haven't in years.

I can just see a framing crew pulling that out. ;~)

Here is a funny one, The Magic Square!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB0MBGiX8TQ

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/21/2017 10:16 AM, Leon wrote:
On 2/21/2017 9:06 AM, woodchucker wrote:
I have to laugh, got this in the mail today.
http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/w...leSquare+ OTT

I have this tool from the 1970's Woodpeckers AngleSquare MultiTool.
While not annodized, it was about $10 back then. The patent has surely
run out. It's either a Craftsman or some other brand... I'll look when
I get home.

So now you can have it for the price of $139..
Is it that great... NOOOOOO.
I used to use it.. I haven't in years.

I can just see a framing crew pulling that out. ;~)

Here is a funny one, The Magic Square!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB0MBGiX8TQ

Thanks that was a good laugh.

--
Jeff

---

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/21/17 9:06 AM, woodchucker wrote:
I have to laugh, got this in the mail today.
http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/w...leSquare+ OTT

I have this tool from the 1970's Woodpeckers AngleSquare MultiTool.
While not annodized, it was about $10 back then. The patent has
surely run out. It's either a Craftsman or some other brand... I'll
look when I get home.

So now you can have it for the price of $139.. Is it that great...
NOOOOOO. I used to use it.. I haven't in years.

Mine was called a "Squangle" and I was using it up until a few years
ago, when I took it apart to make a jig or something.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/21/2017 10:24 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/21/17 9:06 AM, woodchucker wrote:
I have to laugh, got this in the mail today.
http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/w...leSquare+ OTT

I have this tool from the 1970's Woodpeckers AngleSquare MultiTool.
While not annodized, it was about $10 back then. The patent has
surely run out. It's either a Craftsman or some other brand... I'll
look when I get home.

So now you can have it for the price of $139.. Is it that great...
NOOOOOO. I used to use it.. I haven't in years.

Mine was called a "Squangle" and I was using it up until a few years
ago, when I took it apart to make a jig or something.

I've got that one too. It was my Dad's. Not sure what he bought it for.
I have occasionally found it handy, although it is clearly not the
epitome of precision engineering.

---

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2017-02-21, Greg Guarino wrote:

I have occasionally found it handy, although it is clearly not the
epitome of precision engineering.

I have something similar (not red, not 9" long). Cost me about $4 at
True Value.

nb
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 09:16:16 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 2/21/2017 9:06 AM, woodchucker wrote:
I have to laugh, got this in the mail today.
http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/w...leSquare+ OTT

I have this tool from the 1970's Woodpeckers AngleSquare MultiTool.
While not annodized, it was about $10 back then. The patent has surely
run out. It's either a Craftsman or some other brand... I'll look when
I get home.

So now you can have it for the price of $139..
Is it that great... NOOOOOO.
I used to use it.. I haven't in years.

I can just see a framing crew pulling that out. ;~)

Here is a funny one, The Magic Square!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB0MBGiX8TQ

I think they're running out of ideas.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/21/2017 10:24 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/21/17 9:06 AM, woodchucker wrote:
I have to laugh, got this in the mail today.
http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/w...leSquare+ OTT

I have this tool from the 1970's Woodpeckers AngleSquare MultiTool.
While not annodized, it was about $10 back then. The patent has
surely run out. It's either a Craftsman or some other brand... I'll
look when I get home.

So now you can have it for the price of $139.. Is it that great...
NOOOOOO. I used to use it.. I haven't in years.

Mine was called a "Squangle" and I was using it up until a few years
ago, when I took it apart to make a jig or something.

Yep, that's the name of mine too if I remember.

--
Jeff

---

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 10:06:09 -0500, woodchucker
wrote:

I have to laugh, got this in the mail today.
http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/w...leSquare+ OTT

I have this tool from the 1970's Woodpeckers AngleSquare MultiTool.
While not annodized, it was about $10 back then. The patent has surely
run out. It's either a Craftsman or some other brand... I'll look when
I get home.

So now you can have it for the price of $139..
Is it that great... NOOOOOO.
I used to use it.. I haven't in years.

I have two carpenter square will all that info and such, no adjustable
angle, but a couple of stop accomplish the same thing.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I am beginning to think it is called "Woodpeckers" for a reason. Maybe it is the bubble level that added an extra 100+ dollars to the price.

Loved that Magic Square video.

One of the disclaimers: "Unplug Magic Square before adjusting".

That one is already off to one of my cabinet making buddies.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 17:54:58 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

I am beginning to think it is called "Woodpeckers" for a reason. Maybe it is the bubble level that added an extra 100+ dollars to the price.

Loved that Magic Square video.

One of the disclaimers: "Unplug Magic Square before adjusting".

That one is already off to one of my cabinet making buddies.

I do have a bunch of Woodpeckers stuff but I often think they're
trying to see just how far they can push it. My favorite was the
doweling jig that cost half as much as a Domino.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I am beginning to think it is called "Woodpeckers" for a reason. Maybe it is the bubble level that added an extra 100+ dollars to the price.

Loved that Magic Square video.

One of the disclaimers: "Unplug Magic Square before adjusting".

That one is already off to one of my cabinet making buddies.

I do have a bunch of Woodpeckers stuff but I often think they're
trying to see just how far they can push it. My favorite was the
doweling jig that cost half as much as a Domino.

I think that Woodpeckers has some good stuff but they probably can't
keep the doors open if they decide to just make story sticks and
expensive speed squares.

Is there another tool you find useful that Woodpeckers makes?

Their sadle squares and corner radius jigs are very nice. I really
like their stainless pocket rules, too. Expensive, but I wouldn't
trade 'em.

Their one time tools really take the cake. There is probably a good
reason that they only make them one time. ;~)

Some are quite nice. Some are expensive but still nice. Many others
are just silly.

Your like the doweling jig, I like the dowel maker for probably 1,000
times more expensive than what you can buy a dowel for.

The parallel guide system looked to be pretty good for a track saw and a
better price than the Festool version.

The parallel guide is nice, though it clashes with Festool green. ;-)
I also have one of their carpenter squares to square up the track. The
Festool track angle thingy simply sucks.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/22/2017 12:23 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 08:01:20 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Yeah, I forgot to mention the radius jigs but Rockler now offers their
own versions for about 1/4 the price. I got my saddle square from Lee
Valley, Veritas.

Their one time tools really take the cake. There is probably a good
reason that they only make them one time. ;~)

Some are quite nice. Some are expensive but still nice. Many others
are just silly.

Your like the doweling jig, I like the dowel maker for probably 1,000
times more expensive than what you can buy a dowel for.

The parallel guide system looked to be pretty good for a track saw and a
better price than the Festool version.

The parallel guide is nice, though it clashes with Festool green.

LOL
;-)
I also have one of their carpenter squares to square up the track. The
Festool track angle thingy simply sucks.

Woodpeckers isn't alone. krw[_7_] Woodworking 149 February 11th 17 04:22 PM
Woodpeckers Kurt Ullman Home Repair 24 October 17th 11 02:05 PM
Woodpeckers? Mark & Juanita Woodworking 54 January 17th 09 03:05 AM
Woodpeckers [email protected] Home Repair 2 August 10th 07 04:55 AM
Finnform from Woodpeckers Never Enough Money Woodworking 4 May 2nd 05 05:52 PM