Posted to rec.woodworking

Default PC biscuit joiner dust collection

Those biscuits need a LOT of gravy!! har har har
Yes I do feel better now - thanks for caring.

I have a PC 557 type 3 biscuit joiner. As y'all know it's terrible with the
default dust bag and collection. Is there a way to improve dust collection
other than attaching a shop vac? But what's more noise at this point?
Just curious.
Thanks.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 17 Apr 2014 20:51:48 GMT, xxxx
wrote:

Those biscuits need a LOT of gravy!! har har har
Yes I do feel better now - thanks for caring.

I have a PC 557 type 3 biscuit joiner. As y'all know it's terrible with the
default dust bag and collection. Is there a way to improve dust collection
other than attaching a shop vac? But what's more noise at this point?

Mine collects a lot of dust without even being plugged in.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Those biscuits need a LOT of gravy!! har har har
Yes I do feel better now - thanks for caring.

I have a PC 557 type 3 biscuit joiner. As y'all know it's terrible with the
default dust bag and collection. Is there a way to improve dust collection
other than attaching a shop vac? But what's more noise at this point?
Just curious.
Thanks.

I don't have a PC, mine's a Freud, biscuit jointer but I use a shop
vac connection I made to collect the debris. Yeah, it's a little
noisy (with the jointer off it kind of sounds like a B52 throttling up
for take off) but it collects 100% of the debris! I highly recommend
at least giving it a try.
Posted to rec.woodworking

xxxx wrote in
9.22:

Those biscuits need a LOT of gravy!! har har har
Yes I do feel better now - thanks for caring.

I have a PC 557 type 3 biscuit joiner. As y'all know it's terrible
with the default dust bag and collection. Is there a way to improve
dust collection other than attaching a shop vac? But what's more noise
at this point? Just curious.
Thanks.

What kind of gravy do you like with your biscuits? Good ol' Elmer's
White Glue or a wood glue like Titebond? :-)

You can get quieter vacuums. I "invested" in a Fein that was repaired
twice under warranty and purchased a Ridgid WD1450 while the Fein was
being worked on again. The Ridgid is by no means quiet, but is much
quieter than most other shop vacs. (The store display showed it as 4 out
of 10 with the others usually around 8. Who knows what the units mean?)

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/18/2014 5:09 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
xxxx wrote in
9.22:

Those biscuits need a LOT of gravy!! har har har
Yes I do feel better now - thanks for caring.

I have a PC 557 type 3 biscuit joiner. As y'all know it's terrible
with the default dust bag and collection. Is there a way to improve
dust collection other than attaching a shop vac? But what's more noise
at this point? Just curious.
Thanks.

What kind of gravy do you like with your biscuits? Good ol' Elmer's
White Glue or a wood glue like Titebond? :-)

You can get quieter vacuums. I "invested" in a Fein that was repaired
twice under warranty and purchased a Ridgid WD1450 while the Fein was
being worked on again. The Ridgid is by no means quiet, but is much
quieter than most other shop vacs. (The store display showed it as 4 out
of 10 with the others usually around 8. Who knows what the units mean?)

Puckdropper

Depends on the glue up time and type of wood.
I am gluing up a panel of maple 18x60 right now.. no biscuits, but I
used white glue. Give me a little more time to align the panels than
titebond.

Normally I use titebond, but I also use elmers stainable too..

No one glue does it all.

--
Jeff

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/18/2014 9:36 AM, woodchucker wrote:
[...]

Funny, my brain knows what I want to type, my fingers don't always
follow... I often read my posts and go WHAT??????

Give me should have been gives me.....

Somedays, you must think I am an uneducated bumpkin... like stair vs.
stare...

I think some of it is the keyboard, I press the chars, but they don't
always come through, and I am typing at a high rate of speed... so I
don't always notice.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote in
:

Funny, my brain knows what I want to type, my fingers don't always
follow... I often read my posts and go WHAT??????

Give me should have been gives me.....

Somedays, you must think I am an uneducated bumpkin... like stair vs.
stare...

I think some of it is the keyboard, I press the chars, but they don't
always come through, and I am typing at a high rate of speed... so I
don't always notice.

I'm content to let errors and mistakes go. I make them all the time. (I
like to tell people that errors are part of how I was designed, thus I am
working according to design and therefore perfect.)

If the typo's funny, though, expect some sort of response. That thread
about Titbond glue a few years ago is a good example. ;-)

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Biscuit joiner CW[_6_] Woodworking 45 September 13th 10 12:18 AM
Biscuit joiner efgh Woodworking 65 June 2nd 07 06:06 AM
pc biscuit jointer dust collection lucky4fingers Woodworking 6 January 22nd 06 05:19 PM
biscuit joiner nobody Home Repair 7 March 22nd 05 03:27 PM
Biscuit Joiner DoYouReallyCare Woodworking 7 November 21st 03 06:10 PM