topdog

Default sanding molding

How can I sand molding on a door to remove the paint that's on it.
The molding is pretty detailed.
Thanks
Mark L.

Have you looked into having it dip stripped??? I've never done it, but
it seems to be a decent alternative ---sometimes---. But a couple of
caveats are that it may be harmful to the glue joints and the wood
itself. Even after dip striping, there is still some residual paint but
a lot less than you started with. I'm sure if someone in the Wreck has
had bad experiences you'll hear about it. Mark L.

topdog wrote:
How can I sand molding on a door to remove the paint that's on it.
The molding is pretty detailed.
Thanks

Lee K

.. .

topdog wrote:
How can I sand molding on a door to remove the paint that's on it.
The molding is pretty detailed.
Thanks

When I bought my first house the front door was a moonscape of layers of
pitted coats of paint. I took it in and had it 'dip stripped'. All the
paint was removed, but it left the surface as hairy as a coconut (well, not
quite, but it was fuzzy as hell). So I still had a lot of sanding to do.
This was in 1973, maybe the chemicals are less harsh now.

crown molding problem nemo Woodworking 10 June 4th 04 02:24 AM
sanding supplies eterna Woodworking 0 January 7th 04 10:12 AM
Sanding would have saved a gorgeous piece of oak... Bay Area Dave Woodworking 20 November 19th 03 03:16 PM
Making Trim? Bob S. Woodworking 0 September 5th 03 10:05 PM