Sasha

Default Minwax pre-stain wood conditioner

Does anyone know where I can buy gallon size can of Minwax pre-stain
wood conditioner? Every other Minwax product except this is sold in my
local HD in Qt or Gallon size. I need to stain several wood doors so I
would like to but a large can to save some money. Are there only
resources that sell pre-stain wood conditioner in gallon size with
reasonable shipping charge?
Mark L.

Sasha,
I looked for a list of distributors at their website, but there was
none. Why not try a paint store near you, they should be able to order
it as long as they carry Minwax. You could try another brand.....
Mark L.
P.S. Also tried Ebay and Amazon, no luck there either :-(

Sasha wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy gallon size can of Minwax pre-stain
wood conditioner? Every other Minwax product except this is sold in my
local HD in Qt or Gallon size. I need to stain several wood doors so I
would like to but a large can to save some money. Are there only
resources that sell pre-stain wood conditioner in gallon size with
reasonable shipping charge?

mp

Does anyone know where I can buy gallon size can of Minwax pre-stain
wood conditioner? Every other Minwax product except this is sold in my
local HD in Qt or Gallon size. I need to stain several wood doors so I
would like to but a large can to save some money. Are there only
resources that sell pre-stain wood conditioner in gallon size with
reasonable shipping charge?

I've used natural Danish oil as a pre-stain conditioner and for my purposes
it seems to work just as well, plus it's a lot cheaper than the Minwax
stuff.

John Grossbohlin

"mp" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can buy gallon size can of Minwax pre-stain
wood conditioner? Every other Minwax product except this is sold in my
local HD in Qt or Gallon size. I need to stain several wood doors so I
would like to but a large can to save some money. Are there only
resources that sell pre-stain wood conditioner in gallon size with
reasonable shipping charge?

I've used natural Danish oil as a pre-stain conditioner and for my

purposes
it seems to work just as well, plus it's a lot cheaper than the Minwax
stuff.

The Mixwax pre-stain goes a long ways and a single "small" can would
probably do two 3-0 doors... Check the coverage on the can. I only used
about 2/3rds of a can on a table that was about 30X64--top, bottom, frame,
legs, leave structure, etc., were all covered liberally. A couple door slabs
wouldn't be much more surface area.