nevems2

Default Craftsman Align a Fence

Any idea who makes the "Align a Fence" for Sears. Would like a longer
extrusion for the fence.

Rob Mills

"nevems2" wrote in message

Any idea who makes the "Align a Fence" for Sears.

Not sure that they made the fence but my saw that came equipped with an
Align a Fence and was manufactured by Ryobi. I think that all Craftsman
products beginning with "315." are made by Ryobi. RM~

PS, Believe it or not, I purchased this saw almost 3 months ago and still
have not turned it on. What few times I've needed a table saw in that time
frame I've used my old one so I won't get the new one dirty. ; )

William

not sure who makes the fence. I made some radical modifications to my
craftsman saw. If interested I might be able to help you out.
"nevems2" wrote in message
Any idea who makes the "Align a Fence" for Sears. Would like a longer
extrusion for the fence.

xrongor

"Rob Mills" wrote in message

"nevems2" wrote in message

Any idea who makes the "Align a Fence" for Sears.

Not sure that they made the fence but my saw that came equipped with an
Align a Fence and was manufactured by Ryobi. I think that all Craftsman
products beginning with "315." are made by Ryobi. RM~

PS, Believe it or not, I purchased this saw almost 3 months ago and still
have not turned it on. What few times I've needed a table saw in that time
frame I've used my old one so I won't get the new one dirty. ; )

i barely used my butcher block for 2 months for the same reason g

randy

Mike Marlow

"Rob Mills" wrote in message

PS, Believe it or not, I purchased this saw almost 3 months ago and still
have not turned it on. What few times I've needed a table saw in that time
frame I've used my old one so I won't get the new one dirty. ; )

Tell the truth - you just didn't want to disturb that convenient flat
surface that is so handy to plop stuff down on as you walk by...
--

-Mike-

Rob Mills

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
link.net...

Tell the truth - you just didn't want to disturb that convenient flat

surface that is so handy to plop stuff down on as you walk by

You've got it, the new saw with two extension wings had more stuff to unload
than the old saw with only one wing. ;(

toller

not sure who makes the fence. I made some radical modifications to my
craftsman saw. If interested I might be able to help you out.

Such as? I like mine fine the way it is, but am open to improvements.
I changed my 24/24 to a 14/34; the previous owner replaced the motor, the
switch, and the pulleys.

nevems2

Have an old PowerKraft (Wards) tablesaw I mounted a Craftsman "Align a Fence
24/24" on without too much difficulty. Just picked up an older Powermatic
10" cabinet saw and was thinking of mounting the "Align a Fence" on it.
Problem is the Powermatic is 28" from to back vs 27" on most
"non-industrial" table saws. Result, need to add an inch to my fence or
replace the extrusion with one that is an inch longer. Trying to save a
buck for now.

MB