Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Why bother.... ?

"We have an exclusive coupon just for you! Use it to slice 20% off the
regular price of the item of your choice."

Yabbut:

"This offer is for Internet orders only at Rockler.com and excludes sale
items, power tools, Leigh jigs, Porter Cable dovetail jigs, Festool
products, CNC Shark, Rockwell Jawhorse, Rockwell Blade Runner, Power
Sharpening systems, Direct Ship items and Rockler Gift Cards. This offer
cannot be combined with other offers or applied to previous orders. This
offer not valid on RocklerPro.com. Hurry, offer expires 8/7/11. Rockler
Woodworking and Hardware reserves the right to limit quantities, correct
errors or omissions and modify or end this promotion at any time."

Nuff said ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/31/2011 10:43 AM, Swingman wrote:
"We have an exclusive coupon just for you! Use it to slice 20% off the
regular price of the item of your choice."

Yabbut:

"This offer is for Internet orders only at Rockler.com and excludes sale
items, power tools, Leigh jigs, Porter Cable dovetail jigs, Festool
products, CNC Shark, Rockwell Jawhorse, Rockwell Blade Runner, Power
Sharpening systems, Direct Ship items and Rockler Gift Cards. This offer
cannot be combined with other offers or applied to previous orders. This
offer not valid on RocklerPro.com. Hurry, offer expires 8/7/11. Rockler
Woodworking and Hardware reserves the right to limit quantities, correct
errors or omissions and modify or end this promotion at any time."

Nuff said ...

You must not be a regular reader of the fine print on coupon, and the like.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/31/2011 9:52 AM, k-nuttle wrote:

You must not be a regular reader of the fine print on coupon, and the like.

You ASSume wrongly, Bubba ... the point is that the fine print keeps
getting finer, so as to include more and more exclusions, and even then
takes up half the ****ing coupon.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/31/11 11:17 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 7/31/2011 9:52 AM, k-nuttle wrote:

You must not be a regular reader of the fine print on coupon, and the
like.

You ASSume wrongly, Bubba ... the point is that the fine print keeps
getting finer, so as to include more and more exclusions, and even then
takes up half the ****ing coupon.

Not only that, but they appear to have excluded everything but handtools
from the list you can apply the coupon to.

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Swingman wrote:

"We have an exclusive coupon just for you! Use it to slice 20% off the
regular price of the item of your choice."

Yabbut:

"This offer is for Internet orders only at Rockler.com and excludes sale
items, power tools, Leigh jigs, Porter Cable dovetail jigs, Festool
products, CNC Shark, Rockwell Jawhorse, Rockwell Blade Runner, Power
Sharpening systems, Direct Ship items and Rockler Gift Cards. This offer
cannot be combined with other offers or applied to previous orders. This
offer not valid on RocklerPro.com. Hurry, offer expires 8/7/11. Rockler
Woodworking and Hardware reserves the right to limit quantities, correct
errors or omissions and modify or end this promotion at any time."

Nuff said ...

Farking reeeediculous.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/31/11 9:43 AM, Swingman wrote:
"We have an exclusive coupon just for you! Use it to slice 20% off the
regular price of the item of your choice."

Yabbut:

"This offer is for Internet orders only at Rockler.com and excludes sale
items, power tools, Leigh jigs, Porter Cable dovetail jigs, Festool
products, CNC Shark, Rockwell Jawhorse, Rockwell Blade Runner, Power
Sharpening systems, Direct Ship items and Rockler Gift Cards. This offer
cannot be combined with other offers or applied to previous orders. This
offer not valid on RocklerPro.com. Hurry, offer expires 8/7/11. Rockler
Woodworking and Hardware reserves the right to limit quantities, correct
errors or omissions and modify or end this promotion at any time."

Nuff said ...

When I buy something at the local Woodcraft and they ask if I have any
coupons, I always make sure the owner hears me reply, "Yes, but it says
right here, in small print, 'not valid on anything you'd actually want
to buy,'" just so he gets some customer feedback about how annoying
their "coupons" are. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
[...]

So, they had a screwdriver that was coupon eligible?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 11:23:13 -0400, FrozenNorth
wrote:

On 7/31/11 11:17 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 7/31/2011 9:52 AM, k-nuttle wrote:

You must not be a regular reader of the fine print on coupon, and the
like.

You ASSume wrongly, Bubba ... the point is that the fine print keeps
getting finer, so as to include more and more exclusions, and even then
takes up half the ****ing coupon.

Not only that, but they appear to have excluded everything but handtools
from the list you can apply the coupon to.

A couple of weeks ago I bagged a Forrest Dado King in a similar (25% off)
sale. That was worthwhile. ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 09:43:20 -0500, Swingman wrote:

"We have an exclusive coupon just for you! Use it to slice 20% off the
regular price of the item of your choice."

Yabbut:

"This offer is for Internet orders only at Rockler.com and excludes sale
items, power tools, Leigh jigs, Porter Cable dovetail jigs, Festool
products, CNC Shark, Rockwell Jawhorse, Rockwell Blade Runner, Power
Sharpening systems, Direct Ship items and Rockler Gift Cards. This offer
cannot be combined with other offers or applied to previous orders. This
offer not valid on RocklerPro.com. Hurry, offer expires 8/7/11. Rockler
Woodworking and Hardware reserves the right to limit quantities, correct
errors or omissions and modify or end this promotion at any time."

Sears often advertises "10% off every appliance" with no disclaimers. Go into
the store and you find that certain brands are excluded. Always Electrolux,
for instance. There are some items (Festool, Leigh and PC jigs, for sure) are
price controlled by the manufacturer. The margins on power tools would make
such a sale impossible. Other than that, yes, it's a come-on. What
advertisement isn't?

Nuff said ...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/31/2011 11:59 AM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

such a sale impossible. Other than that, yes, it's a come-on. What
advertisement isn't?

Yep, a come-on which has reached the status of a "turn-off" ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 09:43:20 -0500, Swingman wrote:
offer not valid on RocklerPro.com. Hurry, offer expires 8/7/11. Rockler
Woodworking and Hardware reserves the right to limit quantities, correct
errors or omissions and modify or end this promotion at any time."

Nuff said ...

Send them a bill for wasting your time with a useless ad and for
polluting the environment with a wasted print ad.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 12:27:57 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Not any longer ...

Can't beautify your garden, can't save any moneyr at Rocker... You're
not really enjoying your Sunday much are you? Condolences.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 7/31/11 11:17 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 7/31/2011 9:52 AM, k-nuttle wrote:

You must not be a regular reader of the fine print on coupon, and the
like.

You ASSume wrongly, Bubba ... the point is that the fine print keeps
getting finer, so as to include more and more exclusions, and even then
takes up half the ****ing coupon.

Not only that, but they appear to have excluded everything but handtools
from the list you can apply the coupon to.

A couple of weeks ago I bagged a Forrest Dado King in a similar (25% off)
sale. That was worthwhile. ;-)

Pffft. A couple of years ago, I bought the Ridge Carbide dado set for about
40% less than the price of a Forrest Dado King. *That* was worthwhile.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I don't usually order from Rockler, I find their prices to be insanely high.

By comparison, Woodcraft and Lee Valley are usually less.
While Rockler has some nice items, I don't have a store near me. And
there shipping has been a profit maker too.

Woodcraft occasionally has the 20% coupon... but it excludes Festool,
Fein, Leigh and some others. But in general the list is not very long.
You usually have to spend $40 or $50 to make it valid. But recently they
had one for 20% off minimum purchase $25...

It really pays to spend more to make the savings add up.

On 7/31/2011 11:17 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 7/31/2011 9:52 AM, k-nuttle wrote:

You must not be a regular reader of the fine print on coupon, and the
like.

You ASSume wrongly, Bubba ... the point is that the fine print keeps
getting finer, so as to include more and more exclusions, and even then
takes up half the ****ing coupon.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/31/2011 1:33 PM, Dave wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 12:27:57 -0500, wrote:

Not any longer ...

Can't beautify your garden, can't save any moneyr at Rocker... You're
not really enjoying your Sunday much are you? Condolences.

LOL. ... and got a house full of estrogen to boot ... the girls just got
back from a ten day musical tour in Alabama, Texas, Florida, Louisiana
at three this morning and are heading to all points of the compass. Can
you spell Trips to the airport?

Actually, it's good to have them all back. They can mow.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote:
[...]

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that feels that way. It seems like
they email them twice a week too. It occurred to me that listing brands
on the coupons is a form of marketing for the brands that are excluded:
When you read

"Festool products, CNC Shark, Rockwell Jawhorse, Rockwell Blade Runner,
Power Sharpening systems"

twice a week, something is bound to stick. Notice that this list is Not
in alphabetical order, and that the brands are mentioned toward the
beginning of the coupon. Mere coincidence? Ha. I really have no way of
knowing...I'm just sayin'.

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 18:55:06 -0400, Bill wrote:

wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 09:43:20 -0500, wrote:

"We have an exclusive coupon just for you! Use it to slice 20% off the
regular price of the item of your choice."

Yabbut:

"This offer is for Internet orders only at Rockler.com and excludes sale
items, power tools, Leigh jigs, Porter Cable dovetail jigs, Festool
products, CNC Shark, Rockwell Jawhorse, Rockwell Blade Runner, Power
Sharpening systems, Direct Ship items and Rockler Gift Cards. This offer
cannot be combined with other offers or applied to previous orders. This
offer not valid on RocklerPro.com. Hurry, offer expires 8/7/11. Rockler
Woodworking and Hardware reserves the right to limit quantities, correct
errors or omissions and modify or end this promotion at any time."

Sears often advertises "10% off every appliance" with no disclaimers. Go into
the store and you find that certain brands are excluded.

I just recieved notice of a 2 day only sale at Sears, 5% of
electronics--and, in the very fine print, they excluded Samsung, Song,
LG, and Panasonic, among others. It left me a little perturbed.

Now imagine having shown up at their door, only to be told that they were just
kidding. Sears is about the only company that I will no longer do business
with. The last "tool sale" was the final straw, not that I've bought much
there in decades anyway.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
On 7/31/2011 9:52 AM, k-nuttle wrote:

You must not be a regular reader of the fine print on coupon, and the
like.

You ASSume wrongly, Bubba ... the point is that the fine print keeps
getting finer, so as to include more and more exclusions, and even then
takes up half the ****ing coupon.

Like all the disclaimers on all the big pharma drug ads [during the
nightly news] take up more of the 30 second spot than the plug for the drug.

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 19:33:26 -0500, "Dave In Texas"
wrote:
Like all the disclaimers on all the big pharma drug ads [during the
nightly news] take up more of the 30 second spot than the plug for the drug.

Blame the lawyers and insurance companies for that.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/31/11 5:47 PM, Bill wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:
[...]

I told them once, "if you guys want to make the fine print big enough to
read, why don't you print what's NOT excluded."

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 18:55:06 -0400, wrote:

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
[...]

I thought the 5% off electronics was pretty minimal anyway. Then to
exclude Samsung, Sony, LG, and Panasonic. And all electronics under
$799. Gosh, what's left? Yeah, Bose and Onkyo were excluded too.
Yep, it just made me mad that they wasted my time presenting me with an
offer that was so hard to decipher. Of course, that's the whole point...

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave In Texas" wrote:
"Swingman" wrote in message
On 7/31/2011 9:52 AM, k-nuttle wrote:

You must not be a regular reader of the fine print on coupon, and the like.

You ASSume wrongly, Bubba ... the point is that the fine print keeps
getting finer, so as to include more and more exclusions, and even then
takes up half the ****ing coupon.

Like all the disclaimers on all the big pharma drug ads [during the
nightly news] take up more of the 30 second spot than the plug for the drug.

Dave in Houston

Can't believe anyone would "ask your doctor if it's right for you" after
hearing that litany.

--
www.ewoodshop.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Dave In Texas" wrote:

Like all the disclaimers on all the big pharma drug ads [during the
nightly news] take up more of the 30 second spot than the plug for the
drug.

Dave in Houston

Can't believe anyone would "ask your doctor if it's right for you" after
hearing that litany.

" . . . that rarely, but sometimes, result in death."

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
[...]

5% is pretty lame but there really isn't much margin in this stuff. The whole
point is to get you in the store; bait and switch works. Sears has been
famous for this crap for years.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/31/2011 9:43 AM, Swingman wrote:
"We have an exclusive coupon just for you! Use it to slice 20% off the
regular price of the item of your choice."

Yabbut:

"This offer is for Internet orders only at Rockler.com and excludes sale
items, power tools, Leigh jigs, Porter Cable dovetail jigs, Festool
products, CNC Shark, Rockwell Jawhorse, Rockwell Blade Runner, Power
Sharpening systems, Direct Ship items and Rockler Gift Cards. This offer
cannot be combined with other offers or applied to previous orders. This
offer not valid on RocklerPro.com. Hurry, offer expires 8/7/11. Rockler
Woodworking and Hardware reserves the right to limit quantities, correct
errors or omissions and modify or end this promotion at any time."

Nuff said ...

They could shorten the exception exclusion by simply stating 20% off
except anything you would now want to buy... Or 20% of everything except
anything you would want to buy.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/31/2011 10:04 PM, Swingman wrote:
"Dave In wrote:
wrote in message
On 7/31/2011 9:52 AM, k-nuttle wrote:

You must not be a regular reader of the fine print on coupon, and the like.

You ASSume wrongly, Bubba ... the point is that the fine print keeps
getting finer, so as to include more and more exclusions, and even then
takes up half the ****ing coupon.

Like all the disclaimers on all the big pharma drug ads [during the
nightly news] take up more of the 30 second spot than the plug for the drug.

Dave in Houston

Can't believe anyone would "ask your doctor if it's right for you" after
hearing that litany.

What *changed* that triggered the never-ending onslaught of drug commercials?
You never used to see ANY drug commercials, and now that's practically ALL you
see! Was there some ban on pharmaceutical advertising that was lifted or
something? If so, I wish they'd put the damn thing back; I miss the Bud Light
commercials.

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Steve Turner wrote in
:

What *changed* that triggered the never-ending onslaught of drug
commercials? You never used to see ANY drug commercials, and now
that's practically ALL you see! Was there some ban on pharmaceutical
advertising that was lifted or something?

Yes consumer-directed advertisements used to be banned. But then the
sheeple were considered educated enough to decide for themselves what
medications to ask for (and doctors too uneducated to keep up with
current best treatments). Combine that with the enormous crop of socalled
me-too drugs (minute changes of and many copies of drugs that were about
to lose patent protection) and you have an avalanche of competing ads.
And now we're turned off because pharma is forced to mention the side
effects. Remember, aspirin would have a VERY, VERY hard time getting
approved if it were a new drug.

If so, I wish they'd put the damn thing back; I miss the Bud Light
commercials.

What's Bud Light?

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/1/2011 6:04 AM, Han wrote:

And now we're turned off because pharma is forced to mention the side
effects.

Being the cynic that I am I wouldn't bet that this litany of side
effects was solely out of the concern for the consumer ... that's a lot
of advertising revenue.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
"Dave In Texas" wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in message
On 7/31/2011 9:52 AM, k-nuttle wrote:

You must not be a regular reader of the fine print on coupon, and the
like.

You ASSume wrongly, Bubba ... the point is that the fine print keeps
getting finer, so as to include more and more exclusions, and even then
takes up half the ****ing coupon.

Like all the disclaimers on all the big pharma drug ads [during the
nightly news] take up more of the 30 second spot than the plug for the drug.

Dave in Houston

GOT to love some of those pharma ads. Like:

FLUXORANIMS to help you fight depression.
..
..
..
MAY cause feelings of suicide, irritability, murder, a craving for
Celine Dijon CD's, the purchase of a Fiat.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/01/11 10:19 AM, Robatoy wrote:
In ,
"Dave In wrote:

wrote in message
On 7/31/2011 9:52 AM, k-nuttle wrote:

You must not be a regular reader of the fine print on coupon, and the
like.

You ASSume wrongly, Bubba ... the point is that the fine print keeps
getting finer, so as to include more and more exclusions, and even then
takes up half the ****ing coupon.

Like all the disclaimers on all the big pharma drug ads [during the
nightly news] take up more of the 30 second spot than the plug for the drug.

Dave in Houston

GOT to love some of those pharma ads. Like:

FLUXORANIMS to help you fight depression.
.
.
.
MAY cause feelings of suicide, irritability, murder, a craving for
Celine Dijon CD's, the purchase of a Fiat.

Celine Dijon causes feelings of projectile vomiting.

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 08/01/2011 06:04 AM, Han wrote:
Steve wrote in
:

What *changed* that triggered the never-ending onslaught of drug
commercials? You never used to see ANY drug commercials, and now
that's practically ALL you see! Was there some ban on pharmaceutical
advertising that was lifted or something?

If so, I wish they'd put the damn thing back; I miss the Bud Light
commercials.

What's Bud Light?

I don't know, but they have funny commercials.

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Robatoy wrote in
:

In article ,
"Dave In Texas" wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in message
On 7/31/2011 9:52 AM, k-nuttle wrote:

You must not be a regular reader of the fine print on coupon, and
the like.

You ASSume wrongly, Bubba ... the point is that the fine print
keeps getting finer, so as to include more and more exclusions, and
even then takes up half the ****ing coupon.

Like all the disclaimers on all the big pharma drug ads [during
the
nightly news] take up more of the 30 second spot than the plug for
the drug.

Dave in Houston

GOT to love some of those pharma ads. Like:

FLUXORANIMS to help you fight depression.
.
.
.
MAY cause feelings of suicide, irritability, murder, a craving for
Celine Dijon CD's, the purchase of a Fiat.

That is ad libbed a bit, Rob!!
It really is no wonder that those types of medications cut both ways.
Consult your friendly local pharmacologist - nearest medical school is
good enough.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message

"We have an exclusive coupon just for you! Use it to slice 20% off the
regular price of the item of your choice."

Rocker's coupons are semi-useless, although a couple of times I've been able
to find enough stuff I wanted to make it worthwhile. Woodcraft's aren't
quite so bad, their coupons can usually get me down to the local store
(which is what they are designed to do)--like I need an excuse.

Why even bother with SMPS chips? Tim Williams Electronic Schematics 8 January 2nd 10 08:24 PM
OT - Testing... (don't bother reading this) Joe Metalworking 4 May 11th 08 01:40 PM
bother Peter Huebner Woodworking 3 November 25th 06 02:25 AM
Do you ever not bother with permits? dean Home Repair 36 November 4th 05 03:52 AM
Outside wiring - why did i bother? More advice req... Mike Buckley UK diy 4 June 10th 04 01:53 PM