Unisaw A100

Default Rockwell/Delta #46-499 wood lathe for sale

Timothy Kravatz wrote:
Asking $2500.

Yikes!

You know you're about $1500 high?

UA100, who usually doesn't comment on other people's FS's...
Timothy Kravatz

Unisaw A100,

You might be right on the price? But are you talking about the lathe alone
or the lathe with accessories? I got a rough estimate on a woodworking
warehouse that sells used machines. Although the only comparison was a
Powermatic. If you did not view the pics could you and update your
assessment? If you already did then that's cool. Reply to my email for
pics if they don't come up.

Thanks for the replt,

Tim
"Unisaw A100" wrote in message
Timothy Kravatz wrote:
Asking $2500.

Yikes!

You know you're about $1500 high?

UA100, who usually doesn't comment on other people's FS's...

Unisaw A100

Timothy Kravatz wrote:
But are you talking about the lathe alone or the lathe with accessories?

Either/or. See below.

I got a rough estimate on a woodworking warehouse that sells used machines.

That es'plains a thing or two.

Although the only comparison was a Powermatic.

The Powermatic 90 is a good comparison to the Delta
Heavy-duty though some would say the P-matic is better and
for particular reasons I might agree though in the end both
are damn fine lathes that I would not turn my nose up at.

If you did not view the pics could you and update your assessment?

I did view the pictures and I saw a mid to late 60's
Heavy-duty Delta/Rockell lathe painted green

In your post to the group you mentioned a live center, tail
centers, knives, 6& 12" chisel rests, Jacobs chucks,
Faceplates, buffing wheels & buffing compounds, sharpening
stones, etc.

The lathe (stand alone) is worth $1000 give or take a
hunnert depending on the market and buyers.

From what I saw of the second picture there would have to be
a whole lotta etc. to make up the extra $1500 you are
asking.

Thanks for the replt,

Not really trying to bust your balls completely Tim but
$2500 is way more than anyone could hope to make on a lathe
like that. Not saying I wouldn't be the first to
congratulate you on selling it at that price but most
wooddorkers are bottom feeders and at that price you're
almost in competition with a new Oneway.

I hope you aren't trying to recoup and investment.

UA100