Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Bosch palm router $99 a good price?

Amazon has it for $99 (free shipping with Amazon Prime):
Bosch PR20EVSK Colt Palm Grip 5.6 Amp 1-Horsepower Fixed-Base Variable-
Speed Router with Edge Guide
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ANQHTA/...4120_pe_epc_d2

Is that a good price?

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 15 Jun 2011 11:05:57 GMT, Han wrote:

Amazon has it for $99 (free shipping with Amazon Prime):
Bosch PR20EVSK Colt Palm Grip 5.6 Amp 1-Horsepower Fixed-Base Variable-
Speed Router with Edge Guide
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ANQHTA/...4120_pe_epc_d2

Is that a good price?

For $100. the Ridgid 2401 was rated a 'best buy' over the Bosch by FWW
mag. Ridgid has a clear base and an led. Bosch has neither. Otherwise,
specs are similar.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/15/2011 6:05 AM, Han wrote:
Amazon has it for $99 (free shipping with Amazon Prime):
Bosch PR20EVSK Colt Palm Grip 5.6 Amp 1-Horsepower Fixed-Base Variable-
Speed Router with Edge Guide
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ANQHTA/...4120_pe_epc_d2

Is that a good price?

Yes!

I really like my Bosch Colt ... having owned one since they hit the market.

The only con, IMO, is that it uses a single wrench and a push button
lock system on the shaft, to change a bit. That can be exasperating (I
often have to hold it between by knees and use both hands, one on the
button while wielding the wrench, to get the bit loose).

That said, it is the most easily controlled, comfortable to use (and to
use safely) router of the five or six I own, so the above is a small
price to pay for those big pluses ... although I do turn the air blue on
occasion when changing a bit.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
says...

On 15 Jun 2011 11:05:57 GMT, Han wrote:

Amazon has it for $99 (free shipping with Amazon Prime):
Bosch PR20EVSK Colt Palm Grip 5.6 Amp 1-Horsepower Fixed-Base Variable-
Speed Router with Edge Guide
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ANQHTA/...4120_pe_epc_d2

Is that a good price?

For $100. the Ridgid 2401 was rated a 'best buy' over the Bosch by FWW
mag. Ridgid has a clear base and an led. Bosch has neither. Otherwise,
specs are similar.

But does it have the wide range of accessories that make the Bosch so
useful?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Han" wrote in message
Amazon has it for $99 (free shipping with Amazon Prime):
Bosch PR20EVSK Colt Palm Grip 5.6 Amp 1-Horsepower Fixed-Base Variable-
Speed Router with Edge Guide
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ANQHTA/...4120_pe_epc_d2

Is that a good price?

--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

Great bargain and grab one if you can
They are $300 in OZ

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Swingman wrote in
:

On 6/15/2011 6:05 AM, Han wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Karl. I thought I remembered your gushing about it. But after
"tommyboy" mentioned the Ridgid zrr2401, I looked that up (again), and
really liked the LED and transparent base(s). So I ordered a
reconditioned one from CPOProTools/CPORidgid. $82 delivered. I'll
report on it after I try it out.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Han" wrote in message ...

Amazon has it for $99 (free shipping with Amazon Prime):
Bosch PR20EVSK Colt Palm Grip 5.6 Amp 1-Horsepower Fixed-Base Variable-
Speed Router with Edge Guide
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ANQHTA/...4120_pe_epc_d2

Is that a good price?

=======================

Did you really want to use a router without two hands to stabilize it?

I wouldn't be able to control it in certain applications

--

Eric

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 15, 9:34*am, Han wrote:
Swingman wrote om:

On 6/15/2011 6:05 AM, Han wrote:
[...]

My experience with the Ridgid trim routers has been a bad one. Just
didn't last.
I bought the Colt and love it, a much more serious piece than those
two #$%^& Ridgids.
Having said that, I bought the Ridgid 2901 which is surprisingly good
and a great deal with the two bases.

I'm with Swing in that ever since I bought that 1 HP(+) Bosch, I seem
to use it a lot even though I haven't found the same issue with the
bit changing procedure. (The air around here is somewhat blue-ish most
of the time and it ain't lavender.)

Caveat: The body style of my two Ridgid trim routers doesn't look
anything like the 2401 and were bought some 5 years ago. So my harsh
evaluation may not be applicable, and I sure hope that my dislike
doesn't apply to your purchase. I mean these two were awful.
Keep us posted.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 15, 10:10*am, "Eric" wrote:
"Han" *wrote in 9...

Amazon has it for $99 (free shipping with Amazon Prime):
Bosch PR20EVSK Colt Palm Grip 5.6 Amp 1-Horsepower Fixed-Base Variable-
Speed Router with Edge Guidehttp://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ANQHTA/ref=pe_78110_20204120_pe_epc_d2

Is that a good price?

=======================

Did you really want to use a router without two hands to stabilize it?

I wouldn't be able to control it in certain applications

--

Eric

One handed. I also use the Milwauke 2.25 HP one-handed. That's the
whole point of those routers.
Where did you get that 'two-handed' idea?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Han wrote:
Amazon has it for $99 (free shipping with Amazon Prime):
Bosch PR20EVSK Colt Palm Grip 5.6 Amp 1-Horsepower Fixed-Base
Variable- Speed Router with Edge Guide
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ANQHTA/...4120_pe_epc_d2

Is that a good price?

Here's one for one-quarter the price.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-qua...ter-44914.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

"tommyboy" wrote in message

For $100. the Ridgid 2401 was rated a 'best buy' over the Bosch by FWW
mag.

Sometimes I wonder about those comparative reviews, especially when the same
model goes from the top of the pack to the bottom in one year as did a Bosch
router I got a couple of years back. Did everyone else really make such
huge improvements in their models that fast?