Default Kudos to Eagle America

Just so Robin Lee doesn't get ALL the praises here (which he deserves):

Yesterday afternoon, I sent an email to Eagle America about some
problems I was having with one of their moulding bits (details unimportant).

I was SHOCKED when the phone rang and it was their woodworking shop! They
had pulled one of the bits, made some test cuts, and offered suggestions
on usage, offered to swap mine out or return it - whatever I needed. They
said they'd follow up after the weekend and I have no doubt they will.

A few minutes later, I got this in email:

Eagle America (technical) wrote:
Dear Mike,
Thanks for the note about the router bit you had problems with. Our
woodworking department will pull a new bit from the shelf and test it to
make sure we do not have a problem with it. It will take them about a week
to respond to you. You may return the bit, for a refund or replacement, but
you may want to wait until you hear from the woodworkers. We will let you
know what we find out as soon as possible. I'm sorry for any inconvenience
this may have caused you. Betty, Customer Service.

WOW! Eagle America just earned more of my business - even if the bit
doesn't work out. Thanks Betty and Mickey!

Disclaimer: No affiliation with Eagle America, bla, blah, blah
Mike dot Hejl at motorola dot com
Robin Lee

wrote in message

[...]

Darn - the secret's out....

Good for them!

Cheers -

Rob

J.B. Bobbitt

I've got a couple of their bits; they seem fine so far. And they have a
huge selection.

-JBB

sawdust

Ive purchased several of their products mike, and wonderful service
each time. Maybe the folks at Eagle A are on to something..............
Customer satisfaction??
now theres a concept....
davis woodshop

wrote A few minutes later, I got this in
email:

Eagle America (technical) wrote:
Dear Mike,
Thanks for the note about the router bit you had problems with. Our
woodworking department will pull a new bit from the shelf and test it to
make sure we do not have a problem with it. It will take them about a

week
to respond to you. You may return the bit, for a refund or replacement,

but
you may want to wait until you hear from the woodworkers. We will let you
know what we find out as soon as possible. I'm sorry for any

inconvenience
this may have caused you. Betty, Customer Service.

Glen

I concur. I had bought some of their bits at the Woodworking Show a few
years back. One of their bits broke (carbide broke into pieces) more than a
year later and I wrote them a letter. No threats, just that I felt carbide
shouldn't break like that. I would guess that only about two weeks later I
received a new bit in the mail. They never even asked me for the old bit or
proof that I bought it or when (although I told them where I bought it and
when in the letter.). I thought that was a pretty classy thing to do. My
only fear is that some clowns might try to scam them for some free bits,
which could be why many companies choose to have poor customer service.

Glen

wrote in message

Just so Robin Lee doesn't get ALL the praises here (which he deserves):

Yesterday afternoon, I sent an email to Eagle America about some
problems I was having with one of their moulding bits (details

unimportant).

I was SHOCKED when the phone rang and it was their woodworking shop! They
had pulled one of the bits, made some test cuts, and offered suggestions
on usage, offered to swap mine out or return it - whatever I needed. They
said they'd follow up after the weekend and I have no doubt they will.

A few minutes later, I got this in email:

Joe Nation

I have several of their bits. The bits have preformed very well -
especially the flush trim bit that has been used a lot. Service has always
been great. Order delivery times are 4-5 days or less on occasion.